Disclaimer

DISCLAIMER: Horns Up Rocks does not consciously breach any copyright regulations. If you are a holder and would like something to be removed from our site, please email us at info@hornsuprocks.com and we will gladly oblige.

Monday, November 14, 2011

Iron Maiden Announce Special Events For Their Devoted Fans!

Iron Maiden is constantly looking for innovative ways of offering their fans unforgettable experiences, not only through their music and concerts, but also by putting together cool events for them to become part of the Maiden experience! Last week, it was announced that front-man Bruce Dickinson will be giving the Maiden fans first call on the opportunity of experiencing the skills and thrills of flying first-hand by joining him for a training session in a state of the art Boeing 737 flight simulator based at London's Heathrow Airport!

The members of the Iron Maiden Fan Club will get first first dibs to this unique opportunity, Bruce commented, "I can't wait to sit in the simulator with fans and share the buzz of what it is really like to fly a modern passenger jet such as Flight 666 and all the challenges that entails." "Aviation's been kicking around my family for as long as I can remember; my uncle was in the RAF. But I always thought I was too stupid. I was useless at maths and majored in history at university, so I thought history majors don't become pilots, let alone rock stars. And then our drummer learned to fly so I said if a drummer can learn to fly then anyone can."

He added, "I never dreamed I would end up flying an airliner. I ended up flying IRON MAIDEN around on tour in a little eight-seat, pressurized, twin-engine plane. Basically we were flying round all the world's major airports, flew across the Atlantic and back, which was quite an adventure. At the end I thought I really want to fly something bigger, but I can't afford it — I can't buy my own 707. If I'm going to do that I have to get a job."


Today, it was announced that Iron Maiden has will be taking over the whole of Hopton Holiday Park near Great Yarmouth in Norfolk, U.K. for three full nights in October of 2012. Commented the organizers: "We plan to cram, the long weekend full of Maiden madness including guest speakers, themed events and tournaments. There will be quizzes to test your Maiden knowledge and if you fancy being Bruce Dickinson for a while, then you can show off your vocal talent in a karaoke competition. If you need to find that elusive piece of Maiden memorabilia, then you might just find it amongst the trading tables that we will set up. There are TV screens throughout the park that will be playing all of your favorite Maiden DVDs and videos.

"We've already booked the bands that will rock your weekend! We've got two fantastic Maiden tribute bands — HI-ON MAIDEN and MAIDEN SCOTLAND. There's POCKET GODZILLAS with their own brand of pumped-up power Punk pop and the brilliant Rock covers band THE FALLEN to fill the weekend with all the kind of music you love.

"Although none of the members of Iron Maiden will be attending we can promise you an absolutely fantastic weekend to remember and Eddie will be on hand to keep an eye on you so beware!"




Related links:
Iron Maiden's Official Site

No comments: