Friday, December 9, 2011
Dying Fetus Begin Recording Sessions For NEW Album!
Set to be released in mid 2012 through Relapse Records, the album will feature nine tracks and is a "return to roots" with production focused slightly more on slam than in the band's last few works. Thematically, the album is set to be a good old-fashioned piece of social and political commentary in the style of Dying Fetus as we have come to know. An official release date and album title will be announced shortly.
"The last album had some groove in it," stated John, "but [it] was basically a lot of tech; this one is a return to form of older Dying Fetus albums, so to speak- more modern production though, of course. Everything's tight... the sound is crushing, the drums are amazing".
Additionally, Dying Fetus have announced a series of special South American shows set to take place in mid-January. The band has also been confirmed for next year's prestigious Maryland Deathfest and France's Hellfest. Dying Fetus plan to tour extensively in support of their new album and will be announcing more dates shortly.
Dying Fetus Tourdates:
- January 11: Buenos Aires, Argentina @ Asbury Bar
- January 12: Rio de Janeiro, Brazil @ Underground Cultural
- January 13: Recife, Brazil @ Burburinho Bar
- January 14: São Paulo, Brazil @ Manifesto Bar
- January 15: Santiago, Chile @ Club 334
- January 17: Bogota, Colombia @ TBA
- January 18: Armenia, Colombia @ TBA
- May 24: Baltimore, MD Sonar (as part of Maryland Death Fest 2012)
- Jun. 15-17: Clisson, France (Hellfest 2012)
Video credit: Steve Lars from Creative Ventures International
Dying Fetus on Facebook
Dying Fetus on MySpace
Dying Fetus on Twitter