Monday, March 26, 2012
Tony Iommi Updates His Fans About His Cancer Treatment & BLACK SABBATH!
As previously reported, Black Sabbath were force to cancel their European tour, in order for Tony Iommi to be able to continue with his ongoing treatment for lymphoma. BLACK SABBATH will still be appearing at the Download Festival in Donnington, UK. Additionally, the band announced that they will be playing one show in the United States (the date hasn't been announced yet).
"A little update on how it's all going:
"Well, I've had the last dose of chemotherapy, so hopefully my body will start to get back to normal soon. The steroids were the [worst]. I've now got three weeks of radiotherapy coming up which I'm told can be very tiring, so we'll see.
"A big thanks to [fellow SABBATH members] Ozzy [Osbourne] and Geezer [Butler] for coming over to England; it was a big incentive for me. We managed to work most days and have some great new tracks.
"And, importantly, thanks again for your kind messages. Hope to be seeing you soon."
- Jun. 10: Donnington, UK @ Download Festival
OZZY & FRIENDS:
- May 23: Helsinki, Finland @ Hartwall Arena
- May 25: Stockholm, Sweden @ Stadium
- May 27: Jelling, Denmark @ Jelling Festival
- May 29: Bergen, Norway @ Bergen Calling Festival
- May 31: Oslo, Norway @ Spektrum
- Jun. 02: Malmo, Sweden @ Malmo Stadium
- Jun. 04: Dortmund, Germany @ Westfalenhalle
- Jun. 06: Prague, Czech Republic @ O2 Arena
- Jun. 15: Vitoria, Spain @ Azkena Rock Festival
- Jun. 17: Clisson, France @ Hellfest
- Jun. 22: Dessel, Belgium @ Graspop Metal Meeting
- Jun. 24: Milan, Italy @ Gods of Metal Festival
- Jun. 26: Vienna, Austria @ Stadthalle
- Jun. 28: Belgrade, Serbia @ USCE Park
- Jul. 01: Athens, Greece @ Rockwave Festival – Terra