Tuesday, April 17, 2012
SABATON Announce 2nd North American Headlining Tour - Tour Dates Available!
Swedish Heavy Metal war historians SABATON are returning to North America for their 2nd headlining tour of the U.S. & Canada in support of their latest studio album, 'Carolus Rex', due out in North America on May 22nd!
SABATON are best known for singing almost exclusively about historical wars & battles, a direction they decided upon after watching the 1999 Academy Award-winning film "Saving Private Ryan". The band thoroughly researches their topics to ensure the songs paint accurate & objective portraits of the historical event they're singing about, which are narrated from an omniscient point-of-view or in first-person as a soldier caught in the line of fire.
Did you know?
- SABATON performed on the battlefield of Wizna (the place their song "40:1" refers to) in Poland on the 70th anniversary of that battle.
- 10,000 audience members witnessed the staged military re-enactment, complete with battlefield explosions and World War II tanks.
- SABATON's video for "Uprising" (an emotional tribute to the men, women, and children who lost their lives in 1944's Warsaw Uprising) has reached over one million views on YouTube.
- "Uprising" features the "Radoslaw" Reenactment Group, the Wizna 1939 Association, and a special appearance by General Waldemar Skrzypczak of the Polish Army.
- SABATON fans are famous for attending live concerts dressed in authentic war regalia.
- Plans are already in the works for SABATON to play on Normandy Beach on that battle's 70th anniversary.
Carrying on with the tradition of their anthemic music & the triumph of the human spirit with Carolus Rex, SABATON teamed up with well-known Swedish historian Bengt Liljegren for athemed album about the Kingdom of Sweden between the years of 1561 and 1721.
SABATON's "Swedish Empire" tour dates are:
- 04/17/12: Wreckers in Lubbock, TX
- 04/18/12: Bluebird Theater in Denver, CO
- 04/19/12: The Beaumont Club in Kansas City, MO
- 04/20/12: Spicoli´s Grill and the Reverb Rock Garden in Waterloo, IA
- 04/22/12: The Firebird in St Louis , MO
- 04/23/12: The Rave in Milwaukee, WI
- 04/25/12: The Casbah in Charlotte, NC
- 04/27/12: Bogie´s in Albany, NY
- 04/28/12: Broadway Joe´s in Buffalo, NY
- 04/29/12: Peabody´s in Cleveland, OH
- 04/30/12: Altar Bar in Pittsburgh, PA
- 05/02/12: The Loft in Poughkeepsie, NY
- 05/03/12: The Trocadero in Philadelphia, PA
- 05/04/12: The Gramercy Theatre in New York City, NY
- 05/05/12: The Palladium in Worcester, MA
- 05/07/12: Petit Campus in Montreal, QC - CANADA
- 05/08/12: Imperial de Quebec in Quebec City, QC - CANADA
- 05/10/12: Wreck Room in Toronto, ON - CANADA
- 05/11/12: Music Hall in London, ON - CANADA
- 05/12/12: Alrosa's Villa in Columbus, OH
- 05/13/12: Blondie´s in Detroit, MI
- 05/15/12: Station 4 in St Paul, MN
- 05/16/12: Reggie Rock Club in Chicago, IL
- 05/18/12: Vernon Club in Louisville, KY
- 05/19/12: Kingdom in Richmond, VA
- 05/20/12: Soundstage in Baltimore, MD
- 05/21/12: Empire in West Springfield, VA
- 05/23/12: Key Club in Hollywood, CA *OFFICIAL RELEASE PARTY*
- 05/25/12: Circo Volador in Mexico City, D.F. - MÉXICO
SABATON's last studio album, Coat Of Arms debuted at #124 on the Billboard Heatseekers chart and #87 on the Top Hard Music chart and was achieved Gold status in Poland for sales in excess of 10,000 copies. Worldwide first-week chart entries for Coat Of Arms included: Sweden #4; Poland #9; Finland #17; Germany #19; Switzerland #33 and Austria #71. The band'sfirst live album, World War Live: Battle of the Baltic Sea, was released in September, 2011.
- Joakim Brodén: Vocals
- Pär Sundström: Bass
- Chris Rörland: Guitars
- Tobbe Englund: Guitars
- Robban Beck: Drums
SABATON's Official Site
SABATON on Facebook
SABATON on Twitter.