Disclaimer

DISCLAIMER: Horns Up Rocks does not consciously breach any copyright regulations. If you are a holder and would like something to be removed from our site, please email us at info@hornsuprocks.com and we will gladly oblige.

Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Tour of Dave Mustaine's Room - Video Available!


Megadeth's leader, Dave Mustaine, recently sat down with Spin.com and gave them a tour of the room where he keeps his most priceless possessions. During the video segment, Mustaine also talked about his religious background and his recent neck injury.

Some of this possessions include:

- AC/DC's "Let There Be Rock": "I used to sell pot, and this girl who worked at a record store would pay me in albums. I remember putting this one on — the first song is called "Go Down" and the cover shows the scruffiest-looking hooligans I'd ever seen. I thought, "This is my band." It changed my life."

- Crossbow: "When we moved [to San Diego] from Arizona, my son Justis and I wanted to have a sport that we did 
together, so I got him a plastic bow and he was like, "Dad, this sucks — I want a real one." He's really good with this thing. We almost got a compound bow, but that's too 
serious. I don't wanna be Ted Nugent."

- Shofar: "I was raised as a Jehovah's Witness, rebelled by doing witchcraft, and got into all kinds of bad stuff before I saw a cross on a hill one day and said, "What've I got to lose?" [Mustaine is now a Christian.] But my mom is Jewish, and on holidays I blow this ram's horn to get rid of bad spirits."



In other Megadeth news, in late January the band will be headlining "Gigantour" 2012, also performing during this North American trek will be Motörhead, Volbeat, and Lacuna Coil! Here are the tour dates!

January:
26 – Susquehanna Bank Center – Camden, NJ
27 – Mohegan Sun Arena – Uncasville, CT
28 – Theater at Madison Square Garden – New York, NY
29 – Tsongas Arena – Lowell, MA

February:

1 – Glens Falls Civic Center – Glens Falls, NY
2 – Colisee Pepsi – Quebec City, QC
3 – Bell Centre – Montreal, QC
5 – K-Rock Centre – Kingston, ON
7 – General Motors Centre – Oshawa, ON
8 – Copps Coliseum – Hamilton, ON
9 – Palace of Auburn Hills – Auburn Hills, MI
10 – Aragon Ballroom – Chicago, IL
12 – Eagles Ballroom – Milwaukee, WI
14 – Myth – St. Paul, MN
16 – Prairieland – Saskatoon, SK
17 – Shaw Conference Centre – Edmonton, AB
18 – Big 4 Building – Calgary, AB
20 – Abbotsford Ent & Sports Centre – Abbotsford, BC
21 – Showare Center – Kent, WA
23 – Event Center at San Jose State University – San Jose, CA
24 – Gibson Amphitheatre – Universal City, CA
25 – Comerica Theatre – Phoenix, AZ
26 – Tingley Coliseum – Albuquerque, NM
28 – The Fillmore Auditorium – Denver, CO

Related links:
Megadeth
Spin.com

No comments: