Disclaimer

DISCLAIMER: Horns Up Rocks does not consciously breach any copyright regulations. If you are a holder and would like something to be removed from our site, please email us at info@hornsuprocks.com and we will gladly oblige.

Tuesday, August 21, 2012

SOILWORK's Björn "Speed" Strid: "Better sharpen your sledgehammers 'cause SOILWORK is back!"



Metaleros! We got some killer news from the SOILWORK camp! Read this statement by their vocalist Björn "Speed" Strid right now!

"It's been a pretty long time coming, but as we speak I'm sitting here smiling my ass off listening to the demos that will forge into 'The Living Infinite'. I've been feeling pretty damn restless from this break to be honest with you, therefore it is with great excitement that I've approached this NEW album. As soon as we started working on songs in March, all my focus and energy went into building this new beast. We're finished writing songs and I'm currently laying down demo vocals and I'm having a blast. I feel very inspired.

"Around the time that we released 'The Panic Broadcast', I moved into a house by the ocean in a tiny fisherman's village. The ocean has given me so much inspiration and raised a lot of existential questions, which will inspire a lot of the lyrics on 'The Living Infinite', the words Jacques Cousteau used to describe the ocean. Pretentious? Hell yes, but in the most typical SOILWORK manner, with the right intensity, dynamics and melodies to back it up and make it real. I can't wait to team up with the rest of the guys and start putting this album on tape, together with the amazing producer Jens Bogren!"

"It's almost time to start recording 'The Living Infinite' and I seriously can't wait," added drummer Dirk Verbeuren. "The new demos are super intense guitar-wise with tons of harmonies and typical SOILWORK-style riffs. I hear 'A Predator's Portrait' peppered with some 'The Panic Broadcast', a hint of 'Stabbing The Drama' and a bunch of new spices thrown in for good measure. We've all been writing and arranging like mad for the past few months, now we're about to get together in the ole rehearsal space to finish everything up. It's gonna be a hell of a ride folks, and it'll be captured in stereo by the mighty Jens Bogren. Better sharpen your sledgehammers 'cause SOILWORK is back!"

Join the revolution, contribute to our Indiegogo campaign! Click HERE: www.indiegogo.com/hornsup
 

Related links:
Soilwork's Official Site

No comments: