Thursday, January 31, 2013
ABSU Announce the "North American Connexus Conjuration"
ABSU today announces details on their upcoming tour, titled "North American Connexus Conjuration". The 26-city tour will see the band perform two full sets with music spanning their 20-year recording career. It is the first full tour by the Texas-based mythological occult trio since the release of 'Abzu', the second of a planned trilogy of recordings.
Vocalist/drummer Proscriptor shares, “Since the release of our latest recording, 'Abzu', the response has been extremely vehement and now is the perfect moment to commemorate the album’s essence throughout North America. We purposely waited until the timing was ideal to embark on this journey, as we shall contaminate the communities with our craft of Mythological Occult Metal. We’re attempting to divide the concerts into two sections: the first act will showcase songs spanning from our entire discography, as the second act will focus on Phase Two from the album 'Tara: The Cythrául Klan’s Scrutiny'. For the past couple of years, many of ABSU’s followers have requested specified songs from this chapter of 'Tara', so it is our aspiration to give the people what they want.”
'Abzu', the band’s seventh studio album, was released October 2010. The album was mixed by J.T. Longoria (King Diamond/Solitude Aeternus) and features original works by Polish artist Zbigniew Bielak (Watain, Behemoth, Destroyer 666, Vader). Proscriptor commented, "With this record, we are appending dirtier elements of psychedelia and fusion. Lyrically, it descends deeper into Enki's lower world as well the Enochian Magic(k) System." He added, "This album is not a 'natural progression' from previous releases, but a feat of metaphysical conquest and murkiness."
ABSU came to prominence with the release of their 1993 debut, 'Barathrum: V.I.T.R.I.O.L'. Each album saw continual expansion of the band’s now highly regarded artistic vision and international fanbase. It was with 2001’s 'Tara' that the band truly arrived. The album reached top lists of countless magazines worldwide. Years, however, would pass before any NEW material would be recorded. In late 2007, the band finally announced their re-awakening. Now teamed with London-based Candlelight Records, the band would take nearly sixteen months writing/recording their sixth album. 'Abzu', featuring contributions from members of King Diamond, Mayhem, Melechesh, Firstborn and Enthroned, was released early 2009.
ABSU North American Connexus Conjuration:
- 4/05/2013: Millcreek Tavern in Philadelphia, PA
- 4/06/2013: Roger’s in Chesapeake, VA
- 4/07/2013: Strange Matter in Richmond, VA
- 4/08/2013: The Windup Space in Baltimore, MD
- 4/09/2013: Middle East/Upstairs in Cambridge, MA
- 4/10/2013: St. Vitus in Brooklyn, NY
- 4/11/2013: St. Vitus in Brooklyn, NY
- 4/12/2013: El N Gee in Hartford, CT
- 4/13/2013: Theatre Plaza in Montreal, QC
- 4/14/2013: L’Agitee in Quebec City, QC
- 4/15/2013: Wreck Room in Toronto, ON
- 4/16/2013: Ace of Cups in Columbus, OH
- 4/17/2013: Mojoe’s in Chicago, IL
- 4/18/2013: Rocco’s in Milwaukee, WI
- 4/19/2013: Station 4 in Minneapolis, MN
- 4/20/2013: Zoo Cabaret in Winnipeg, MT
- 4/22/2013: Dickens Pub in Edmonton, AB
- 4/24/2013: Biltmore Cabaret in Vancouver, BC
- 4/25/2013: Highline in Seattle, WA
- 4/26/2013: Ash Street Saloon in Portland, OR
- 4/27/2013: Festum Carnis (Shinneybook Creek Cabins) Soda Springs, CA
- 4/28/2013: DNA Lounge in San Francisco, CA
- 4/30/2013: The Vex in Los Angeles, CA- 5/01/2013: Ruby Room in San Diego, CA
- 5/02/2013: Rocky Point Cantina in Tempe, AZ
- 5/04/2013: Boiler Room in Dallas, TX
ABSU currently features guitarist Vis Crom and bassist/vocalist Ezezu with vocalist/drummer Proscriptor.