Disclaimer

DISCLAIMER: Horns Up Rocks does not consciously breach any copyright regulations. If you are a holder and would like something to be removed from our site, please email us at info@hornsuprocks.com and we will gladly oblige.

Thursday, January 31, 2013

Rob Caggiano: "My heart simply wasn't in it anymore. Anthrax was never a creative outlet for me."


As you all know, Rob Caggiano recently announced that he was leaving Anthrax in order to focus on producing records (he is currently producing the NEW Volbeat album). More info HERE!

During a recent interview with ProSound Newtwork, Caggiano broke his silence on why he left Anthrax:

"My heart simply wasn't in it anymore. I had a blast playing with those guys, and they will always be family to me. But outside of my guitar solos and production work, Anthrax was never a creative outlet for me.

"That wasn't by any choice of my own, by the way; it's just the way it is. But at the same time I was committed 100percent to the band. It's been a blast playing with those guys. I love them dearly and I wouldn’t change a thing about the last 12 years.

"I guess it just got to the point where I started asking myself: 'What the hell am I doing? I'm a musician – this is who I am. Being creative is simply food for my soul. Why am I devoting all of my time and energy into a band where being creative is impossible for me?'

"It simply stopped making sense a while ago. I ended up feeling very unhappy and unfulfilled. I knew I needed to make a major change.

"I'm producing the new Volbeat album and I'm extremely amped up about this one. It's the best thing that could have happened to me at the best possible time, and so far, I think it's my best work to date."
Asked if he's going to miss playing in Anthrax, the guitarist admits: "I already do – but at the same time I'm very excited to see what the future has in store for me. Leaving Anthrax was an emotional decision, but it was also extremely liberating at the same time. I definitely feel like I made the right choice."

Credit must be given to Caggiano for doing what he loves and not compromising!

 
Related links:

Follow Rob Caggiano on Twitter

No comments: