Upon the release of "The Lords Of Salem", the results were not what Zombie expected and it quickly became his less successful film to date. During the weekend of April 26, the film opened in 355 theaters, which is considered a limited release and grossed $622,000 with a per-theater average of $1,752. Other limited releases during the same weekend the film was relesed included the sports film Home Run, which opened in 381 theaters with a per-screen average of $4,260 and a total gross of $1,623,000, and the indie drama Filly Brown, which only opened at 188 theaters, but had a per-screen average of $7,250 and a total gross of $1,363,000. In fact, The Lords of Salem had the lowest per-screen average of ANY new release during that weekend.
Is this why Zombie has announced that he will not be making horror movies for a long time?
The Phoenix New Times recently interviewed Zombie and asked him if he would be interested in doing a monster movie next and his answer was:
"No. I’m not really thinking of doing anything . . . Lords of Salem is my last sort of horror-genre related film for a really long time."Read the entire interview HERE!
Perhaps Zombie just want to change gears for a bit, but we personally believe that Zombie is meant to be producing horror films. Lets see what he has in store in the near future. It is always exciting to see what this "Golden God" comes up with.
Don't forget that Zombie will be headlining this year's Rockstar Energy Mayhem Fest (tour dates below)!
Rockstar Energy Drink Mayhem Festival tour dates for 2013 are as follows:
- 06/29/13: San Manuel Amphitheater in San Bernardino, CA
- 06/30/13: Shoreline Amphitheater in Mountain View, CA
- 07/02/13: Idaho Center Amphitheater in Nampa, ID
- 07/03/13: White River Amphitheater in Auburn, WA
- 07/05/13: Desert Sky Pavilion in Phoenix, AZ
- 07/06/13: Isleta Amphitheater in Albuquerque, NM
- 07/07/13: Fiddler's Green Amphitheater in Englewood, CO
- 07/10/13: Molson Canadian Amphitheater in Toronto, ON– CANADA
- 07/12/13: First Niagara Pavilion in Burgettstown, PA
- 07/13/13: Susquehana Bank Center in Camden, NJ
- 07/14/13: Darien Lake Performing Arts Center in Darien Center, NY
- 07/16/13: Comcast Center in Mansfield, MA
- 07/17/13: Bangor Waterfront in Bangor, ME
- 07/19/13: Toyota Pavilion in Montage Mountain in Scranton, PA
- 07/20/13: Saratoga Performing Arts Center in Saratoga Springs, NY
- 07/21/13: The Comcast Theatre in Hartford, CT
- 07/23/13: PNC Bank Arts Center in Holmdel, NJ
- 07/24/13: Jiffy Lube Live in Bristow, VA
- 07/26/13: Klipsch Music Center in Noblesville, IN
- 07/27/13: First Midwest Bank Amphitheater in Tinley Park, IL
- 07/28/13: DTE Energy Music Theatre in Clarkson, MI
- 07/30/13: Lakewood Amphitheater in Atlanta, GA
- 07/31/13: 1-800-Ask-Gary Amphitheater in Tampa, FL
- 08/02/13: Tower Amphitheater in Austin, TX
- 08/03/13: Cynthia Woods Mitchell Pavilion in Woodlands, TX
- 08/04/13: Gexa Energy Pavilion in Dallas, TX
Rob Zombie's Official Site
Rob Zombie on Facebook
Rob Zombie on Twitter