DISCLAIMER: Horns Up Rocks does not consciously breach any copyright regulations. If you are a holder and would like something to be removed from our site, please email us at info@hornsuprocks.com and we will gladly oblige.

Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Bass Players Gone Wild! Michael Todd and Nick Oliveri Arrested for being Jackasses!

This week a couple of Heavy Music bass players were on the headlines for behaving like jackasses! The worst week ever for bass players started when Michael Todd from Coheed and Cambria was arrested after he allegedly held up a Walgreens by claiming he had a bomb! Then Nick Oliveri former bassist from Kyuss and Queens Of The Stone, was arrested after battling with a S.W.A.T. team at his Los Angeles home. What lead these two bassists to behave so erratically? Was it because they wanted to steal the spotlight for once? Here is what happened.

According to the Attleboro, MA Police, Michael Todd showed a Walgreens pharmacist a note on his cell phone which said he had a bomb and that he wanted some Oxycontin. Oxycontin! Really? Then to make matters worse, he fled the scene via taxi with six bottles of pain pills. Police arrested him without any incidents outside of the Comcast Theater where Coheed and Cambria were scheduled to open up for Soundgarden (the band performed without him). He was charged with armed robbery and unlawful possession of prescription narcotics. He is being held on $10,000 bail and will be arraigned on Monday morning.

On the other hand, Nick Oliveri tried subduing the Police after they arrived at the bassists home after the neighbors reported a “disturbance”. According to Police, Oliveri's girlfriend said that she left the apartment after he had struck her the day before. When she came back to get her things out of the apartment and leave Oliveri behind, they got into a heated argument and Oliveri wouldn't let her leave. To make matters worse, Oliveri didn't allow Police to come into the house so they decided to call in a S.W.A.T. team. After a couple of hours, Oliveri allowed his girlfriend to leave and he ended up turning himself in a few hours later. Once inside the apartment, the cops found a loaded rifle. Oliveri was booked on felony domestic violence, but was released after posting $100,000 bail.

Bassists, please go wild on stage and with the groupies only! \m/

Related links:
Coheed and Cambria
Queens of the Stone Age

No comments: