Monday, April 30, 2012
SIX FEET UNDER Releases NEW Lyric Video For "18 Days" For Fans Do Get Down With Some Death Metal Karaoke!
Notorious for his elegiac themes of murder, death and the supernatural, on 'Undead' vocalist and lyrical mastermind Chris Barnes revisits topics that will be familiar to fans of the band, though as always he brings something NEW to the table, aware that their followers will not accept recycled ideas. Notes Barnes: “The hypocrisies of daily life, things that affect us that spawn aggression, loneliness, sadness, there’s a lot of emotions going on across the record, and I guess that the dark horror that humans cause is my niche,” However, while Barnes has a very clear vision for his craft, he is always excited by the interpretations of his songs by those who listen to them, feeding on the emotional investment they put in. “I love it when people tell me what they’ve got from the music and the lyrics. It’s like being an artist, you put the painting up on the wall – you know what it is, but sometimes it’s a little abstract and someone sees something else in it, and that’s the biggest compliment to me. That I’m able to get inside someone’s head and they actually give thought to something presented to them is inspiring to me too, and something I always want to be able to do with this band.”
Peep the “18 Days” lyric video at THIS LOCATION.
'Undead' was produced by Mark Lewis (Deicide, Devildriver), mixed by Jason Suecof (Whitechapel, Job For A Cowboy), at Audio Hammer Studios in Sanford, Florida and features the updated lineup of Barnes alongside guitarist Rob Arnold (ex- Chimaira), longtime guitarist Steve Swanson (ex-Massacre), bassist Jeff Hughell (ex-Brain Drill, ex-Vile), and drummer Kevin Talley (Dying Fetus, Misery Index, Chimaira). Last week we posted an interview that our founder Jo Schüftan conducted with Chris Barnes, check it out!
In conjunction with the release of 'Undead', SIX FEET UNDER will demolish the masses on a near three-week run of live rituals this June. Dubbed the "18 Nights Of Blood Tour", the journey will begin in Atlanta, Georgia on June 8. Support will be provided by Dying Fetus and Revocation. Comments Barnes: "We want to get out there and pretty much destroy. We want to play to as many people as possible, and show all of the fans out there the new songs, and leave nothing but a trail of blood in our wake. We're hoping that whoever makes body bags are upping their output, because after this record comes out there'll be a lot of decomposing bodies out there!
SIX FEET UNDER 18 Nights Of Blood Tour 2012 with Dying Fetus and Revocation:
- 6/08/2012: The Masquerade in Atlanta, GA
- 6/09/2012: Empire in Springfield, VA
- 6/10/2012: Palladium in Worcester, MA
- 6/11/2012: Bowery Ballroom in New York, NY
- 6/12/2012: Alrosa Villa in Columbus, OH
- 6/13/2012: Reggie's in Chicago, IL
- 6/14/2012: Peabody's in Cleveland, OH
- 6/15/2012: Harpo's in Detroit, MI
- 6/16/2012: People's Court in Des Moines, IA*
- 6/18/2012: The Gothic Theater in Denver, CO*
- 6/20/2012: Studio Seven in Seattle, WA
- 6/21/2012: Hawthorne Theater in Portland, OR
- 6/23/2012: The Metro in Oakland, CA
- 6/24/2012: The Whisky in Los Angeles, CA
- 6/25/2012: TBA in Tempe, AZ
- 6/26/2012: House Of Rock in El Paso, TX
- 6/27/2012: Scout Bar in Houston, TX
- 6/29/2012: Brass Mug in Tampa, FL*
* - No Dying Fetus
Stay tuned for more information about Six Feet Under!
Six Feet Under's Official Site