Thursday, January 3, 2013
Machete's Favorite Band ASESINO Announces NEW Album Title; Band To Enter The Studio Soon!
Asesino (assassin in Spanish) is one of the most extreme Heavy Metal bands today. The chaotic combination of elements of Death Metal and Grindcore within their music can make a persons eardrums bleed profusely. Asesino was formed in 2002 after Dino Cazares (Fear Factory) left Brujeria and decided to create yet another extreme Metal band. Apart from Dino’s shredding guitars, Asesino features Tony Campos from Soulfly on vocals/bass and Emilio Marquez from Engraved on drums.
According to Blabbermouth, ASESINO is preparing to enter the studio to begin recording its third album, 'La Segunda Venida' ("The Second Coming") for a late 2013 release via Odio Records.
Prior to laying down the new CD, ASESINO will embark on a short tour, dubbed "Regresando Odio Gira 2013" ("Returning Hate Tour"):
- Jan. 11: West Hollywood, CA at Key Club
- Jan. 12: Las Vegas, NV at Cheyenne Saloon
- Jan. 18: San Francisco, CA at DNA Lounge
- Jan. 19: Fresno, CA at Starline
- Jan. 28: Fullerton, CA at Slidebar
Here are some facts about Asesino:
- The band members use pseudonyms:
Dino Cazares: Asesino
Tony Campos: Maldito X
Emilio Márquez: Sadístico
- Asesino usually performs Slayer covers live, most notably "Angel of Death" and "Raining Blood".
- Similar to Brujeria, the lyrics are all in Spanish and they deal with the same subject matters: death, violence, and perversion.
- Asesino enjoy making satirical comments during the show, and when they perform Brujeria songs, they change the original lyrics to something more fitting.
ASESINO on Facebook