Monday, April 1, 2013
BARONESS Announce U.S. Headlining Tour Following Their Near Death Experience!
Baroness's first North American tour supporting their critically-acclaimed album, 'Yellow & Green', kicks off May 24 with a performance at Union Transfer in John Baizley's adopted hometown of Philadelphia.
"It's hard to find the words to express how excited we are to announce this tour," explained guitar player Pete Adams. "Seven months ago, who knew when it would be or even if we could get back on the road. But here we are, picking right back up where we left off. A heartfelt thanks to everyone's unconditional love and support for us through, let's hope, the hardest time this band will ever see. We told you we'd be back so let's do this thing!”
Baizley confirmed that drummer Allen Blickle and bass player Matt Maggioni would not be touring with the band via a web posting on Mar. 25 (read it HERE), adding that the pair’s departure is "not sensational” and “does not come with hard feelings". Baizley went on to add that the band has already found two musicians, Nick Jost (bass) and Sebastian Thomson (drums), "who can approach our music with passion and vitality".
Yellow & Green tour dates:
- May 24: Philadelphia, PA at Union Transfer
- May 25: Baltimore, MD at Ram's Head Live
- May 26: Norfolk, VA at Jewish Mother
- May 28: Charleston, SC at The Music Farm
- May 29: Atlanta, GA at Center Stage
- May 31: Dallas, TX at Trees
- June 1: Austin, TX at Chaos in Tejas (Mohawk)
- June 2: Houston, TX at Free Press Summer Festival
- June 4: Lawrence, KS at Granada Theatre
- June 5: St. Louis, MO at The Firebird
- June 8: Grand Rapids, MI at The Pyramid Scheme
- June 9: Madison, WI at The Majestic Theatre
- June 11: Indianapolis, IN at Deluxe @ Old National Centre
- June 12: Cincinnati, OH at Taft Ballroom
- June 14: Pittsburgh, PA at Mr. Small's
- June 15: Huntington, WV at V Club
- June 13 - 16: Manchester, TN at Bonnaroo (performance date to be announced soon)
- August 10 – 11: Montreal, QC at Heavy MTL (performance date to be announced soon)
Tickets for all headlining dates are on-sale Friday, Apr. 5 at 12 Noon eastern.
Baroness' Official Site
Baroness on Facebook