Saturday, August 27, 2011
The Devils Wears Prada Announces North American Tour + NEW Album Stream!
After destroying a massive amount of ear drums at the 2011 Warped Tour and armed with what the UK's Metal Hammer called the band's "most ferocious release to date," the Metalcore maniacs in The Devil Wears Prada announces "Dead Throne Tour: North America 2011" the first North American leg of the band's 2011 - 2012 worldwide tour in support of their upcoming fourth studio album titled "Dead Throne" (set to be released on September 11 via Ferret Records). The 37-date headline trek kicks off on November 3 in Milwaukee and will criss-cross the U.S. and Canada over a six-week period. "Dead Throne Tour: North America 2011" will feature Whitechapel, Enter Shikari, and For Today on all dates.
The "Dead Throne Tour " will come on the heels of the band's October headline trek through Australia that kicks off October 20 in Perth, taking the band to Adelaide, Melbourne, Sydney, and Brisbane.
Facts about "Dead Throne":
- Produced by Killswitch Engage mad genius Adam Dutkiewicz.
- With Dead Throne, the band - front man Mike Hranica, guitarist and clean vocalist Jeremy DePoyster, guitarist Chris Rubey, bassist Andy Trick, keyboardist James Baney and drummer Daniel Williams - has turned a corner by turning up the aggression and turning on the emotions.
- The new album erupts with what The Devil Wears Prada has merely hinted at in the past - it is a brilliant, emotional, captivating and brutal journey that tackles issues of failed relationships and the perseverance of faith.
"We aim to give listeners and fans something they can enjoy, but we'll also always make songs we personally stand behind. We'd write differently if we were purely trying to sell albums, that's just not how it works for us. No compromises." - Vocalist Mike Hranica.
Click to listen to "Dead Throne".
Here are the Dates for The Devil Wears Prada's "Dead Throne Tour":
- 3: The Rave, Milwaukee, WI
- 6: House of Blues, Chicago, IL
- 7: Epic, Minneapolis, MN
- 8: The Garrick, Winnipeg, MB CANADA
- 10: Edmonton Events Center, Edmonton, AB CANADA
- 11: MacEwan Ballroom, Calgary, AB CANADA
- 13: Rickshaw Theatre, Vancouver, BC CANADA
- 14: Showbox SoDo, Seattle, WA
- 15: Roseland Theatre, Portland, OR
- 17: Regency Ballroom, San Francisco, CA
- 18: The Catalyst, Santa Cruz, CA
- 19: SOMA, San Diego, CA
- 20: Club Nokia, Los Angeles, CA
- 21: Marquee Theatre, Tempe, AZ
- 23: Saltair, Magna, UT
- 25: Summit Music Hall, Denver, CO
- 26: Diamond Ballroom, Oklahoma City, OK
- 27: House of Blues, Dallas, TX
- 28: Backstage Live, San Antonio, TX
- 29: Warehouse Live Ballroom, Houston, TX
- 30: House of Blues, New Orleans, LA
- 2: Ritz Ybor, Tampa, FL
- 3: Revolution, Ft. Lauderdale, FL
- 4: House of Blues, Orlando, FL
- 5: The Masquerade, Atlanta, GA
- 7: Amos' Southend, Charlotte, NC
- 8: The National, Richmond, VA
- 9: The Fillmore, Silver Spring, MD
- 10: Electric Factory, Philadelphia, PA
- 11: Starland Ballroom, Sayreville, NJ
- 13: Best Buy Theatre, New York, NY
- 14: The Palladium, Worcester, MA
- 15: Metropolis, Montreal, QC CANADA
- 16: Kool Haus, Toronto, ONT CANADA
- 17: Royal Oak Music Theatre, Royal Oak, MI
- 18: Bogart's, Cincinnati, OH
Log onto for ticket purchasing information and to listen to "Dead Throne".
Official Site of The Devil Wears Prada
The Devil Wears Prada on MySpace