Disclaimer

DISCLAIMER: Horns Up Rocks does not consciously breach any copyright regulations. If you are a holder and would like something to be removed from our site, please email us at info@hornsuprocks.com and we will gladly oblige.

Monday, August 27, 2012

Former QUEENSRŸCHE Singer Geoff Tate Appears On THAT METAL SHOW & Talks About Battling With His Band - Video Available!


Recently, former QUEENSRŸCHE singer Geoff Tate made an appearance on VH1 Classic's "That Metal Show". The episode aired this past Saturday, August 25th. When asked about the circumstances that led to the split with his band mates after nearly 30 years of working together, Tate said:

"Well, really, it's kind of difficult to explain, 'cause I'm not in their heads. I can only speculate, really. It came out of the blue for me. We've never had any kind of creative differences, or any kind of a situation where we are at odds with each other. It just happened. And I can only speculate that we're in a really tough recession right now all over the world, and I think that when we have economic times like this, it kind of makes people do strange things. That's really the only speculation I can give — that it's a money thing. We have a company together and [now that] they kicked me out, they can split my 25 percent."

Regarding the claims made by his former bandmates accusing him of assaulting, and spitting on Scott Rockenfield (drummer) and Michael Wilton (guitarist) prior to, and during QUEENSRŸCHE's concert in Sao Paulo, Brazil, on April 14, 2012, Geoff accepted the allegations: "Oh, I did it. I don't make any bones about it. Right before the show, we held a quick meeting in the dressing room and they told me that they just fired my wife, who has been out manager for ten years, and my daughter, who has been our fan-club president, and basically our office assistance all these years, and my son-in-law, who is our guitar tech, and I was next... And I lost my temper. I came unglued. I'm glad someone stopped me, 'cause I look back on it with regret that I could have hurt one of them pretty badly. But, man, it's not something I'm proud of."

He added, "The spitting thing… I know a lot of people are giving me hell about that. But spitting is something that, historically, has been the most degrading thing you can do to somebody, and that was exactly what was meant by it."

Watch the entire episode (also starring Zakk Wylde) here:




Join the revolution, contribute to our Indiegogo campaign! Click HERE: www.indiegogo.com/hornsup
 

Related links:
Queensryche.com
That Metal Show

No comments: