Disclaimer

DISCLAIMER: Horns Up Rocks does not consciously breach any copyright regulations. If you are a holder and would like something to be removed from our site, please email us at info@hornsuprocks.com and we will gladly oblige.

Tuesday, November 13, 2012

MACHINE HEAD Forced To Pull Out From DETHKLOK Tour Due To Robb Flynn's Medical Condition - Official Statement Available!


The MACHINE HEAD crew have been having a rough couple of weeks due to unforeseen show cancellations and postponements. After being forced to cancel and postpone various concerts due to that bitch Sandy. The band was recently struck in the face by the corporate Mickey's over at Walt Disney (More info HERE!).

It has just been announced that MACHINE HEAD must exit their current North American tour with Dethklok, All That Remains and Black Dahlia Murder due to matters completely beyond their control.

Frontman Robb Flynn must have emergency surgery. Flynn had planned to go under the knife in January after completing the tour as he has been playing through the pain of a double inguinal hernia since the tour started in October. He had hoped to continue the tour despite extreme discomfort, but it's become too difficult to continue on. Flynn will undergo surgery tomorrow, Wednesday, November 14 in Minneapolis before returning home to California to recover, rest and recuperate. Machine Head will rejoin the tour in Portland, OR.

Machine Head extends its regrets to fans, the other bands, and the other crews for having to leave the tour prematurely.

Below is Flynn’s statement about his health and the tour.

"I've been toughing out an inguinal hernia below my waistline since June of last year, and a few months ago got a second hernia in my nuts. What basically happens is my guts drop into my nuts, and it looks like I have a third testicle (man, I can hear the jokes already!) It hasn't been that painful, and I've gone to the doctor a few times to take care of it, but he said after surgery I probably couldn't sing for a few weeks, and since that wasn't going to happen, I scheduled it for January when I had a break.

"Unfortunately, after the last few shows, my guts have been very swollen and hard to push back in. Yesterday, the pain was excruciating and I went to the emergency room last night. They said that I need surgery.

"I will be doing my damnedest to rejoin the tour in a couple weeks. Thanks to all the fans, bands, and crew for understanding. I'm determined to see you all soon and finish what has been a great freakin tour!"

Yesterday, MACHINE HEAD released 'Machine Fucking Head Live' via Roadrunner Records (Pick it up HERE!). It's Machine Head's second live effort; 'Hellalive' was released in 2003. Nine years have passed and Machine Head still slay and administer a "Bay Area Beatdown" in the live realm. Full details HERE!

Related links:
MACHINE HEAD's Official Site

No comments: