DISCLAIMER: Horns Up Rocks does not consciously breach any copyright regulations. If you are a holder and would like something to be removed from our site, please email us at info@hornsuprocks.com and we will gladly oblige.

Thursday, February 21, 2013

SLAYER Already Replaced Dave Lombardo For Australian Tour & He Is Not Listed As A Band Member On Wikipedia!

This is the type of news we hate reporting. While there are always two sides to every story, it seems like SLAYER fell ill with the BLACK SABBATH disease and are now dicking their drummer Dave Lombardo around. And as of right now, SLAYER only features two original members: Tom Araya (vocals, bass) and Kerry King (guitars).

As we all know, Bill Ward was forced to quit SABBATH after some contractual issues made it clear that Ward was not getting the percentage of money he deserved for putting an equal amount of work as the rest of the band - Ozzy Osbourne (vocals), Tony Iommi (guitars), Geezer Butler (bass). 

Last night, Lombardo stated that he discovered that "90% of Slayer’s tour income was being deducted as expenses including the professional fees paid to management, costing the band millions of dollars and leaving 10% or less to split amongst the four of us. In my opinion, this is not the way a band’s business should operate. I tried rectifying it by letting my band mates know, and Tom and I hired auditors to figure out what happened, but I was denied access to detailed information and the necessary back up documents."

To this he added: "Last Monday, I sat down with Kerry and Tom to rehearse for Australia and to propose a new business model that I felt was the best way forward for Slayer to confidently protect itself so we could do what we do best . . . play for the fans. Kerry made it clear he wasn’t interested in making changes and said if I wanted to argue the point, he would find another drummer. On Thursday, I arrived at rehearsals at 1 pm as scheduled, but Kerry did not show. Rather, at 6:24 pm I received an email from the lawyers saying I was being replaced for the Australian dates." Read his full statement HERE!

And the band have indeed replaced him. According to Soundwave promoter AJ Maddah, SLAYER has tapped drummer Jon Dette. Dette joined SLAYER in 1996 when Paul Bostaph left to work on his side project, THE TRUTH ABOUT SEAFOOD. Dette performed with SLAYER at the 1996 Ozzfest to promote the band's covers album, 'Undisputed Attitude'. Dette is already in Australia and will be performing with both SLAYER and ANTHRAX. Talk about a twisted sequence of events. This is what happened with ANTHRAX.

Additionally, SLAYER's Wikipedia is already listing Lombardo as a former member. WTF? See for yourselves: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Slayer#Band_members

UPDATE: The bands has re-added Lombardo as a band member on their Wikipedia page.

We'll see what happens after the band returns from Australia, but it seems like Lombardo's chapter with SLAYER might be closed for good. But hey, is not like Lombardo
will having any troubles landing a NEW gig.

SLAYER in Australia:

02.23.13 Brisbane, Australia Soundwave Festival 2013
02.24.13 Sydney, Australia Soundwave Festival 2013
02.25.13 Sydney, Australia Big Top Luna Park, Sydney, Australia
03.01.13 Melbourne, Australia Soundwave Festival 2013
03.02.13 Adelaide, Australia Soundwave Festival 2013
03.04.13 Perth, Australia Soundwave Festival 2013

Related links:
Slayer's official site 

No comments: