Cam Pipes from 3 INCHES OF BLOOD recently shared his top 5 tips for being on the road with Digitaltourbus.com. Here a few of those very useful tips:
- The most important thing for touring is being in a band with people you can tolerate to be around.
You might have the most amazing musician on a given instrument, but if
they are an asshole then your touring life is going to be hell. 99% of
touring happens off stage so you need to be able to hang out with
like-minded people. If you’ve never toured before, try doing something
small like a week or two. You may have done tons of shows in your
hometown but nothing will test your band’s limits like the dynamics of
- Know your place and be respectful. On tour there is a
pecking order. Obey the headliner’s techs and stage manager. Do not eat
any catering until you get the ok from the headliner’s tour manager. Do
not go into the other bands dressing rooms without permission and under
no circumstances do you take ANYTHING on their rider without prior
consent. Bands above you got there for a reason, either because they
caught a break and got some fast tracked success or they did it the old
fashioned way and slugged it out building their fan base over time.
Either way, they draw more people than you and you need to recognize
that. The less greenhorn tendencies you show the better impressions you
will leave on other bands and their crew and that will result in getting
other tour opportunities in the future.
Read the rest of this his tips HERE!
Don't forget to catch 3 INCHES OF BLOOD on the road with GOATWHORE!
3 INCHES OF BLOOD and GOATWHORE Co-headline tour:
- 04/25: Fredericton, NB @ Lava Vodka Bar
- 04/26: Moncton, NB @ OC Nightclubv
- 04/27: Halifax, NS @ Michael's
3 INCHES OF BLOOD and Goatwhore with Revocation and Ramming Speed:
- 04/28: Bucksport, ME @ The Kave
- 04/29: Brooklyn, NY @ Saint Vitus
- 04/30: Burlington, VT @ Nectar's
- 05/01: Middletown, NY @ Sounds Asylum
- 05/02: Rochester, NY @ Bug Jar
- 05/03: Toronto, ON @ Opera House
- 05/04: Cleveland, OH @ Now That's Class*
3 Inches Of Blood on MySpace
3 Inches Of Blood on Facebook