Tuesday, April 23, 2013
Hoya from MADBALL disses ANTHRAX on "The Merciless Book Of Metal Lists"!
If you haven't picked up your copy of "The Merciless Book Of Metal Lists". What are you waiting for? It is not a fine piece of literature by any means, but it is a very entertaining book that was put together by Howie Abrams and Sacha Jenkins.
One list that definitely caught our attention, was the list compiled by Hoya Roc from NYHC legends MADBALL. His list is called "10 Reasons Why ANTHRAX Should Never Be Associated With Hardcore" and he only needed eight reasons to prove his point.
1) Going to a (hardcore) show once every leap year doesn't make you part of a scene.
2) Going bald and then fronting like you shaved your head on purpose doesn't make you hardcore.
3) Synchronized stage moshing is corny!
4) The "NOT MAN"??? WEAK!!!
5) Destroying Public Enemy's "Fight The Power"
6) Never taking a hardcore band on tour!
7) Dissed hardcore until they figured out they would never be Metallica.
8, 9, AND 10) Attempting to trademark the NYHC symbol makes them officially the WACKest wannabe, never-was band to try and claim the glory of hardcore music!!!
Madball on Facebook Madball on MySpace
The Merciless Book Of Metal Lists on Facebook