Disclaimer

DISCLAIMER: Horns Up Rocks does not consciously breach any copyright regulations. If you are a holder and would like something to be removed from our site, please email us at info@hornsuprocks.com and we will gladly oblige.

Thursday, May 2, 2013

Jeff Hanneman Passes Away At The Age Of 49



We have some terrible breaking news: Slayer guitarist and founding member Jeff Hanneman died earlier today of liver failure. He was 49.


The band's longtime publicist issued the following statement today:

"Slayer is devastated to inform that their bandmate and brother, Jeff Hanneman, passed away at about 11AM this morning near his Southern California home. He was 49. Hanneman was in an area hospital when he suffered liver failure. He is survived by his wife Kathy, his sister Kathy and his brothers Michael and Larry, and will be sorely missed."

Hanneman co-founded the thrash metal greats with Kerry King in 1981; their breakthrough came in 1986 with the landmark album "Reign in Blood." Hanneman wrote or co-wrote the set's standout tracks, "Angel of Death" and "Raining Blood."

Our condolences go out to Jeff's family, friends and the Slayer camp! Rock in Peace, Jeff!

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

A great loss of a brilliant guitarist, I have been following Slayer and have seen them lots of times over the years and if I was shocked to hear the news, god knows what his family feels like. Rest in Peace Jeff, and condolences to your family and your fellow band mates

Unknown said...

Yes, Jeff Hanneman will miss me, and I think it is a whole metal-world mourning today.
Slayer was, and I hope, still is and will be, the greatest metal band in the whole world.

Too bad. Sad but true.

Jeremie

Anonymous said...

Condolences to your family

From Quebec

RIP Jeff's

Alfredo Barbosa said...

with divine intervention
an angel of death came ...
Hell awaits you, a silent scream is heard in south of heaven, raining blood ... but you my friend ... You will continue in our hearts, your songs are, and will be eternal.
On the altar of sacrifice, Jesus saves, and piece by piece you reborn

Rest in peace my brother

Anonymous said...

Thanks for playing my small town in canada , twice!!!

Anonymous said...

thank for playing london ,on Canada


Anonymous said...

i did not start listening to this music until i was in my mid forties & i am so hooked on it now & i am 59 soon.love your music.what a great loss to the band,family and followers all over the world.my sincerest condolences to all concerned.

Metalguy said...

This feels like losing a long lost buddy from my high school years.

I've played guitar too many times to slayer songs to not be affected by this.

My condolences go out to the band, family and friends.

Anonymous said...

I have followed Slayer from the beginning. My heart goes out to all the fans the family and Band members. You were a true Pioneer of the metal world and wrote some of the best songs slayer ever produced "REIN IN BLOOD"

Arlon said...

To My SLAYER BROTHERS, My heart goes out to you and your family. And to Jeff's family such a tragic loss to everyone. You will be missed Jeff.