Wednesday, October 24, 2012
DEEP PURPLE Have A Slew Of Songs Ready For NEW Album - Update By Roger Glover Available!
According to TheHighwayStar.com, members of DEEP PURPLE joined forces in a Russian studio to rehearse for their upcoming tour (Tour dates & tickets HERE). Bassist Roger Glover spoke to ITAR-TASS. Here are the highlights of this conversation:
- There are 14 tracks ready for the new album, probably 11 or 12 of them will pass the final selection and end up being released.
- Release date being considered is somewhere in mid-February 2013.
- There are several album titles being considered, but for now they shall remain secret.
- Regarding connection with Bob Ezrin: Steve Morse met him back when he was in Kansas.
- The band wanted to perform new tracks on this tour, but its management and the record company opposed due to fear of reduced record sales.
As previously reported, DEEP PURPLE is among 15 finalists for induction into the Rock And Roll Hall Of Fame's Class Of 2013.
For the first time, the public gets to vote alongside the artists, historians and music industry insiders of the Rock Hall voting body. From now until December 5, fans can vote on RollingStone.com for the nominees they'd like to see inducted. The top five acts will comprise a "fan's ballot" that will count as one of the more than 600 ballots that determine the Class Of 2013. The results will be announced in mid-December.
The April 18, 2013 event is set for Nokia Theater in Los Angeles, marking the first time the ceremony will be held in the city since 1993. HBO will tape the show for broadcast at a later date.
Stay tuned for more DEEP PURPLE news!