Disclaimer

DISCLAIMER: Horns Up Rocks does not consciously breach any copyright regulations. If you are a holder and would like something to be removed from our site, please email us at info@hornsuprocks.com and we will gladly oblige.

Tuesday, October 2, 2012

NIGHTWISH Drama: Anette Olzon Closes Official Blog After Leaving The Band - Last Post Available!

So the NIGHTWISH drama continues. While the band is playing it off as an amicable break up, it seems like former singer Anette Olzon quit the band after the band failed to keep her on the loop regarding their decision to replace her for one show after she had a medical emergency: "I was never asked if it was OK they used Elize (Ryd) and Alissa (White-Gluz) in the show [Friday] night. I don't think it's a good decision they made and I'm sorry for those of you who came to see the whole band but got something else. But I was very ill and this decision wasn't mine."

She continued, "I got very ill and thought it was a kidney stone. I got worse in the evening and started vomiting heavily. The hospital said I should cancel the show and come straight to the ER. I was there all night and they did blood tests, ultrasounds on my kidneys and finally a CT scan. The tests didn't show why I was so ill, but probably the stomach pain has a connection with me having the flu, or just stress.

"They did find something else, though, and for that I'm grateful – if I didn't do the scan, I wouldn't know there's a big cyst in my liver and I need to go check it out at home."

Following this breaking news, Olzon has "closed" her official blog, just hours after it was announced that she was parting ways with the group. In her final message to the fans, she wrote:

"Dear blog readers: With this I say farewell to you and this blog. This blog was a way for me, as the singer in NIGHTWISH, to keep more in touch with you, NIGHTWISH fans. Now when this chapter has ended, there is no more need for me to do this blog and from today I close it.

"I want to thank you all for being my readers for so many years, for your loving support and I wish you all a happy and healthy life! Stay kind to others and live life easy!

"Lots of love, Anette Olzon (from now on just Anette Olsson;=)"

A note from the band: "NIGHTWISH has no intention of cancelling any upcoming shows, and as a result we have decided to bring in a substitute vocalist starting in Seattle 1.10.2012. Her name is Floor Jansen from the Netherlands (ex-AFTER FOREVER, REVAMP), and she has graciously stepped in to help us complete the ”Imaginaerum” world tour."

Related links:
Nightwish

No comments: