Disclaimer

DISCLAIMER: Horns Up Rocks does not consciously breach any copyright regulations. If you are a holder and would like something to be removed from our site, please email us at info@hornsuprocks.com and we will gladly oblige.

Monday, October 1, 2012

NIGHTWISH Part Ways With Vocalist Anette Olzon Following The Singers Hospitalization - Official Statement Available!


According to Classic Rock, NIGHTWISH's Anette Olzon was forced to sit out the band's show in Denver, Colorado, this past weekend.

Her place was taken by support band Kamelot's backing singers Elize Ryd and Alissa White-Gluz (The Agonist). Olzon explains: "I got very ill and thought it was a kidney stone. I got worse in the evening and started vomiting heavily. The hospital said I should cancel the show and come straight to the ER. I was there all night and they did blood tests, ultrasounds on my kidneys and finally a CT scan. The tests didn't show why I was so ill, but probably the stomach pain has a connection with me having the flu, or just stress.

"They did find something else, though, and for that I'm grateful – if I didn't do the scan, I wouldn't know there's a big cyst in my liver and I need to go check it out at home."

Writing on her official blog, Olzon voiced her displeasure over the fact that NIGHTWISH played a concert without her, stating, "I was never asked if it was OK they used Elize and Alissa in the show [Friday] night. I don't think it's a good decision they made and I'm sorry for those of you who came to see the whole band but got something else. But I was very ill and this decision wasn't mine."

She continued in a separate posting, "This is just music. Like life, sometimes we get ill and shows do get canceled. Rihanna wouldn't ask Britney Spears to sing for her if she was ill."

She concluded, "To think a show is more important than the humans in the band is, for me, so totally not in this world."

Today, the band has released the following statement regarding the future of the band:

"Another chapter of the NIGHTWISH story has ended today. NIGHTWISH and Anette Olzon have decided to part company, in mutual understanding, for the good of all parties involved.

"In recent times it has become increasingly obvious that the direction and the needs of the band were in conflict, and this has led to a division from which we cannot recover.

"NIGHTWISH has no intention of cancelling any upcoming shows, and as a result we have decided to bring in a substitute vocalist starting in Seattle 1.10.2012. Her name is Floor Jansen from the Netherlands (ex-AFTER FOREVER, REVAMP), and she has graciously stepped in to help us complete the ”Imaginaerum” world tour.

"We are all strongly committed to this journey, this vehicle of spirit, and we are sure that this will lead to a brighter future for everyone.

"We forever remain excited about the adventures to come, and we are extremely proud of the two beautiful albums and the wonderful shows we shared together."

- NIGHTWISH & Anette Olzon

We wish Anette a speedy recovery and NIGHTWISH the best of luck on their NEW venture!

Related links:
Nightwish

No comments: