Disclaimer

DISCLAIMER: Horns Up Rocks does not consciously breach any copyright regulations. If you are a holder and would like something to be removed from our site, please email us at info@hornsuprocks.com and we will gladly oblige.

Tuesday, December 4, 2012

SHADOWS FALL: Health Update On Drummer Jason Bittner!


As previously announced, drummer Jason Bittner (SHADOWS FALL) has been diagnosed with acute pancreatitis (a very serious disease). The same disease that sidelined Rex Brown (KILL DEVIL HILL, ex-PANTERA & DOWN) in 2009.

As a result, SHADOWS FALL were forced to cancel the first four dates of their recent headlining tour with GOD FORBID, THY WILL BE DONE and TRUMPET THE HARLOT. He will also be missing a portion of the bands current tour with KILLSWITCH ENGAGE. Covering for Bittner will be Willis Mathiasen.

Bittner has posted the following update on his Facebook page:

"Well, I'm happy to say that I'm feeling much better, back to playing, and almost feel 100%. Too bad my insides are still not 100%, but they're healing nicely, primarily due to me staying off the road and resting. I have another round of bloodwork next week, in which the docs think I should be back to all normal internal functions by then, but they still are prohibiting me from leaving until after my endoscope on December 18 (they need to hopefully find the cause of the pancreatitis, and whether or not anything else is going on as well — but I feel pretty confident that I'll be OK).

"So what does this mean to SHADOWS FALL? It means that I, sadly, will not be able to return until after [December] 18. In the meantime please go continue to support the band on the KILLSWITCH ENGAGE tour with my boy Willis Mathiasen covering for me. He's got a tough job and he's handling it like a pro, from what I've seen and heard… I'm really missing the band, and the fans and tour, but I promise that I WILL be on the last dates of the tour after [Christmas starting with the Baltimore concert on December 27]. Well, unless the apocalypse actually comes on [December] 21!!!"

SHADOWS FALL on Tour With KILLSWITCH ENGAGE and ACARO:

- 12/04: Tampa, FL at State Theater
- 12/05: Pensacola, FL at Vinyl
- 12/07: Asheville, NC at Orange Peel
- 12/08: Atlanta, GA at Masquerade
- 12/10: Chicago, IL at Bottom Lounge
- 12/11: Columbus, OH at Alrosa Villa
- 12/12: Toronto, ON at Opera House
- 12/14: Buffalo, NY at Town Ballroom
- 12/16: Lancaster, PA at Chameleon Club
- 12/17: Brooklyn, NY at Willamsburg Music Hall
- 12/18: Burlington, VT at Higher Ground
- 12/19: Northampton, MA at Pearl Street
- 12/20: Portland, ME at State Theater

Related links:
Official Site of Shadows Fall

No comments: