Tuesday, December 4, 2012
Mike Patton's TOMAHAWK Premiere Music Video For "Stone Letter"; NEW Tour Dates Announced!
Tomahawk's video for "Stone Letter," the first single from their forthcoming album 'Oddfellows', is viewable below (courtesy of Pitchfork).
The clip, directed by Vincent Forcier, was shot during the band's late October tour and features a studio performance from the quartet that includes Duane Denison (Jesus Lizard, Unsemble), Mike Patton (Faith No More, Mondo Cane), John Stanier (Battles, Helmet) and Trevor Dunn (Melvins Lite, Mr. Bungle).
Tomahawk have also added a brief February tour that kicks off on Feb. 12 in Seattle at The Showbox with Retox opening all dates. Retox, the San Diego outfit helmed by The Locust's Justin Pearson, are currently in the studio recording a follow-up to their 2011 debut, Ugly Animals. Tomahawk will also perform at Lollapalooza Brazil and Australia's Soundwave Festival.
"Stone Letter" was released as a limited edition single for Record Store Day's Black Friday event and is available today as a digital single.
Tomahawk tour dates (Retox opens Feb. 12 to 19):
- February 12: Seattle, WA at The Showbox
- February 13: Portland, OR at Wonder Ballroom
- February 15: San Francisco, CA at Great American Music Hall
- February 16: San Francisco, CA at Great American Music Hall
- February 17: Santa Ana, CA at The Observatory
- February 19: Los Angeles, CA at The Mayan Theater
- February 23: Brisbane, Australia at RNA Showgrounds
- February 24: Sydney, Australia at Olympic Park
- March 1: Melbourne, Australia at Flemington Racecourse
- March 2: Adelaide, Australia at Bonython Park
- March 4: Perth, Australia at Claremont Showground
- March 30: Sao Paulo, Brazil at Lollapalooza Brazil
Tomahawk on Facebook
Ipecac on Facebook