As the tri-state area of the United States awaits a pretty massive winter storm, a blizzard warning is in effect starting on Friday, February 8 at 6 AM ET and end at on 1 PM ET on Saturday, February 9, the big question a lot of headbangers have is whither or not the concert featuring GOJIRA, THE DEVIN TOWNSEND PROJECT, and THE ATLAS MOTH, will happen or not. The concert is scheduled to take place tomorrow night at Irving Place in New York City.
At this point, the agent who booked the show has not made a final decision regarding the cancellation or postponement of the concert. According to a source close to the bands, a final decision wont be made until approximately 12 PM ET on Friday afternoon.
Finger crossed! And stay tuned as more information becomes available.
Here are some facts about this winter storm:
- Blizzard Warning in effect from 6 am Friday to 1 pm EST Saturday.
- The National Weather Service in Upton has issued a Blizzard Warning, which is in effect from 6 am Friday to 1 pm EST Saturday.
- Locations: New York City, Southern Westchester County, and coastal portions of Northeast New Jersey.
- Hazard types: Heavy snow and strong winds.
- Accumulations: snow accumulation of 10 to 14 inches, with localized higher amounts within developing snow bands.
- Winds: north 15 to 25 mph with gusts up to 45 mph.
- Temperatures: falling into the 20s by Friday evening.
- Visibilities: one quarter mile or less at times.
- Timing: The strongest winds and heaviest snow will occur Friday evening into Saturday morning.
- Impacts: Heavy snow and winds will make for dangerous driving conditions with visibilities near zero in White-out conditions. In addition, some tree limbs will be downed, causing scattered power outages.
2/8 - Irving Plaza - New York, NY
2/9 - Mr. Smalls Theatre - Millvale, PA
2/11 - House of Blues - Chicago, IL
2/13 - Phoenix Concert Theatre -Toronto, ON
2/14 - Le National - Montreal, QC
2/15 - The Palladium - Worcester, MA
2/16 - Theatre Of Living Arts - Philadelphia, PA
Devin Townsend Project