Thursday, March 21, 2013
Ozzy Osbourne Offers Update On The Health Status Of His Guitarist Tony Iommi
As previously announced, BLACK SABBATH will be releasing their comeback record '13' on June 10 via Vertigo. The band - Ozzy Osbourne, Tony Iommi, Geezer Butler, Brad Wilke - will be on the road from July through September. So far, the only tour date that has been confirmed is at Toronto's Air Canada Centre on August 14, at Toronto's Air Canada Centre.
Ozzy recently updated fans on the health status of his friend and guitarist Tony Iommi:
“Tony’s fine, but he can only go out on the road for six weeks at a time as he has to have infusions or some s&*t for his immune system. I was amazed that during his chemotherapy he was still writing songs. My heart goes out to him, because when Sharon had cancer a few years back, she was so sick from chemotherapy she could barely get out of bed. It’s like having a football kick to the nuts. The chemotherapy is worse than the cancer – Sharon was like [the possessed child Regan in] ‘The Exorcist,’ having seizures all the time. Tony is doing really well though.”
SABBATH recently posted a video from the '13' studio sessions that includes a very rate interview with producer Rick Rubin. Members of the bands are also interviewed on this video!
Song titles on the album include "God Is Dead", "End Of The Beginning" and "Age of Reason".Upcoming BLACK SABBATH tour dates (UPDATED):
- Apr 20: Auckland Vector Arena, New Zealand
- Apr 22: Auckland Vector Arena, New Zealand
- Apr 25: Brisbane Entertainment Centre, Australia
- Apr 27: Sydney All Phones Arena, Australia
- Apr 28: Melbourne Rod Laver Arena, Australia
- May 1: Melbourne Rod Laver Arena, Australia
- May 4: Perth Arena, Australia
- May 12: Ozzfest, Tokyo Makahari Messe, Japan
- August 14: Toronto's Air Canada Centre, Toronto, Canada
Be the first to get information about the new Black Sabbath album: http://bitly.com/BlackSabbathMailingList.
BLACK SABBATH's Official Website