Disclaimer

DISCLAIMER: Horns Up Rocks does not consciously breach any copyright regulations. If you are a holder and would like something to be removed from our site, please email us at info@hornsuprocks.com and we will gladly oblige.

Thursday, April 11, 2013

David Kinkade Responds To Allegations That He Couldn't Jam Old SEPULTURA Properly

During a recent interview with us (see below), Max Cavalera (SOULFLY, CAVALERA CONSPIRACY, ex-SEPULTURA) discussed the reasons why drummer David Kinkade left SOULFLY in December of 2012. As you can see, Max pretty much stated that Kinkade couldn't play the old songs properly so he decided it was time to find a NEW drummer. His son Zyon Cavalera (LODY KONG) is currently drumming for SOULFLY, but Max has made it very clear that he is currently searching for a permanent drummer.

Kinkade watched the interview in question and he is not happy with Max's comments. This is what he had to say about this:

"They want to slander me and they figure that since I was a note for note perfectionist, why not hit below the belt and make me look like a fool. I quit when I called bullshit on how the kids treated people? Shit and had absolutely zero respect for Soulfly. Snorting lines and blowing weed smoke into the bunks all the time. Anyone would have quit if having to deal with the Cavalera's and their kids for months on end. Marc and Tony are the only thing that holds that circus together. Good riddance."

Here is the two part interview:






UPDATE from David Kinkade after reading about all your comments all over the internet:

"I really appreciate the kind words. Unfortunately I permanently retired from music after my final tour last October. I haven’t played since October 23rd in Thailand. I sold all of my equipment and now I actually work on the railroad. Its hard work but the benefits and salary are well worth the effort. It goes to show the true colors since Max tries to make it look like I was fired lol. I actually quit on the last day of the last Euro tour because I was to become a Father and didn’t want to be away from my family anymore. I also couldn’t handle the Cavalera way anymore. The Soulfly experience literally broke my love for being a drummer. Too much drama, too many lies and not worth the time or energy. I worked my ass off to make a great record, play ALL the songs note for note and yet I’m talked about like a piece of shit. So much for the “respect”."

Related links:
Soulfly's Official Site!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Whats up u fucking bitch u wanna talk shit u pussy..dave.ill ruin your whole fucking life with one conversation with your girl...you wanna bring me into your interviews about my partying. .fuck u ..u pill addict bitch... say that shit to me if u got any balls...continue to suck at drumming and tell everyone your really just sick of it, like any other quitter would do....richie

Anonymous said...

Kinkade made the album awesome and brutal and he did play the SEPULTURA songs well live . Obviously if u wanna sound good you will play note for note unless you wanna sound like a bag of shit ... Much respect to Dave \m/

Unknown said...

broke back ass drummer shut your mouth know one broke anything or snoted anything maybe it was you oxy bitch you are the worst drummer soulfly has had Zyon smokes you hands down your a spoiled little kid you could play any of the old soulfly your all feet no pocket

Unknown said...

Dave you pill popping shitty ass drummer shut your fucking mouth all feet nothing else mr drum loops Zyon smokes you 20 years old killing it the band sounds way better with him then you so have a nice life be a pill junkie and the biggest bullshiter i have ever met the bear

Anonymous said...

@kenneth carruth: shity ass drummer?.. WOW, youre nothing short of a moron.. You realize hes a "METAL" drummer, right? I bet you tell carpenters they suck at their job because theyre too good at carving wood and not good enough at doing paperwork...

Anonymous said...

DAVE: STFU! If you don't like "rock star" life or ways you don't need to be an idiot and bring it into the media. Wow someone blew a hit of weed at you...ewww im gunna run home now and be held by my wife. From what I hear, YOU have your won drug problems, PILL JUNKIE...no reason to lie, if you wanted to quit you should have done so in a more professional way and you slandered SOUFLYS's name first, obv. you have pissed some ppl off and I wouldn't be surprised if you get that doushcbag face of your smashed in before the end of your pathetic existence. Go suck off your mommies tit some more, hundreds of $$$$ you spent in your life to do what again? Be in a shitty "death metal" band from Norway ohhh (your not fucking Darkthrone here, your probably form like Wisconsin or something) and do what again?? Your drumming was sub-par at best, you had good kicks for double bass but that was it...IF that is hundreds of $$ of work at your best, you my friend made a good decision to work on the railroad all day long for the next 30 years of your life cuz you sir. suck at drums! Don't antagonize the Rock star way cuz you got "burnt" fucking let it be let it lie dumbass..you opened a can of worms that will come back to bite you buddy and I am sure Richie from Incite would kick your fucking ass if he ever heard you say this shit in person...but your hiding out in the salt mines or railroad or wavter you have deceided to do other then drumming so your a pussy a lier a cheat and a dousche btw nice haircut Chris Jericho, your cool! Foff! SOULFLY sound 10x better w/out you in it now, Svages sound slike the best shit they've done in years and its all because of you pissing off Max & Co., so thanks in a way for more inspiration. Now go pop some more Percocet w/your fancy railroad salary $ Duck off and Fie! -Matt