New Jersey Metal maniacs BEYOND DISHONOR have premiered a music video for their first single, entitled "Heisenberg", via their official YouTube channel. You should definitely watch this video below. Any fan of the hit television drama ‘Breaking Bad’ will immediately recognize that "Heisenberg" is a tribute to the popular show— complete with yellow meth lab suits, greasy cigar-smoking drug kingpins, shady factory laboratories galore and more.
"Heisenberg" is part of the band’s upcoming EP entitled 'Generations', set to be released in June 2013.
“It's an obvious homage to one of our favorite pieces of entertainment, but it is wrapped around a stronger metaphor - just as Walt perfects the formula against his better judgement, so too are we forced to find and perfect the formula for notice and respect in this tumultuous industry and genre,” states lead vocalist Reese Dunlap. “That theme is referenced throughout the song, and goes one step further in the video, where we are, in a sense, a victim of this formulaic control. It is only when we have 'perfected the formula' that we can finally escape mediocrity.”
Here is the music video for "Heisenberg":
Coming up, BEYOND DISHONOR will head out on a 13-date east coast trek beginning April 12th. Several dates include performances with internationally-recognized artists such as Miss May I, Whitechapel, Texas in July and more, plus a stop at the annual Launch Music Conference in Lancaster, PA. See below for all currently confirmed tour dates.
- 4/12 Atco, NJ @ Devlin's
- 4/13 Staten Island, NY @ The Full Cup
- 4/14 Newark, DE @ Mojo on Main
- 4/17 West Springfield, VA @ Empire w/ Miss May I
- 4/18 Baltimore, MD @ Ottobar w/ Miss May I
- 4/19 Philadelphia, PA @ Club Risqué
- 4/20 Trenton, NJ @ Championship Bar w/ Texas in July
- 4/21 Woodbridge, CT @ Amity Teen Center
- 4/22 Danbury, CT @ Heirloom Art Theatre with Beyond The Shore and Sylar
- 4/23 Syracuse, NY @ Three Fat Guys Bar
- 4/24 Rochester, NY @ Water Street Music Hall
- 4/26 Lancaster, PA @ Lancaster Convention Center w/ Abandon All Ships at Launch Music Conference
Beyond Dishonor on Reverbnation