Disclaimer

DISCLAIMER: Horns Up Rocks does not consciously breach any copyright regulations. If you are a holder and would like something to be removed from our site, please email us at info@hornsuprocks.com and we will gladly oblige.

Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Joey Jordison Talks About His NEW Project With Members Of NINE INCH NAILS, STRAPPING YOUNG LAD & DARKEST HOUR!


As previously reported, the multi-talented Joey Jordison from SLIPKNOT/MURDERDOLLS (ex-Rob Zombie) has made it very clear that he is not willing to wait around until Corey Taylor is ready to work on the NEW SLIPKNOT album. He has actually been real busy working on his as of yet untitled NEW musical project.

Jordison recently chatted with Metal Hammer about his project with
Jed Simon (STRAPPING YOUNG LAD, TENET, ZIMMER'S HOLE) and Kris Norris (DARKEST HOUR) on guitar. Here is what he had to say about his next musical venture:

“I’d been working on new Slipknot material since the end of the 'All Hope Is Gone' tour cycle but I ended up with so much stuff I had to take a step back and stop working on it,” he explains. “The time wasn’t right. But I came up with a bunch of material that was really killer and heavy and started taking some of it in a different direction. I started focusing on a lot of the post-Punk and industrial stuff that I’ve always loved and started putting super heavy and brutal guitars over the top of it. That’s how it started. It’s taken me a couple of years to get to this point, but I can honestly say this is the most satisfied I’ve ever been in the studio. I can’t wait for everyone to hear this shit.

“I’ve done the bulk of the work in the studio but now I’ve got Jed [Simon, Strapping Young Lad] and Kris [Norris, Darkest Hour] to play lead guitar on everything,” he adds. “Chris [Vrenna, Nine Inch Nails] is doing the keyboards and synths and all that stuff and I have an unknown guy on vocals. His name’s Henry and he’s super talented and a great vocalist. I didn’t want someone from a known band singing in this band, because then it just becomes some supergroup thing and that’s not what this is.”


Don't forget that SLIPKNOT will be headlining the Download Festival on Friday 14 June 2013, marking the band’s second headline appearance following an explosive set in 2009. They join fellow headliners Iron Maiden on Saturday 15 June and Rammstein on Sunday 16 June.

Related links:
Slipknot

No comments: