Between The Buried And Me's critically-lauded, 72-minute opus, 'The Parallax II: Future Sequence', is available today via Metal Blade Records! Order the album HERE!
In related news, Between The Buried And Me's bus caught fire this morning in England. There are no injuries and no equipment was damaged. There is no effect on the band's tour. Tour manager Courtney Warner adds: "As of now, we are at a service area awaiting transportation to a hotel. A NEW bus is on its way. We shouldn't miss any shows because of this. All gear, luggage, personal items and most importantly, people, are all good. We just stink like smoke."
Paul Waggoner elaborates: "Fuel line done broke. Dadgum flame come shootin out. Peeewwww eeehhhhh sometin' stank. Crazy British feller come hollerin, "Bus on fire, ya'll git." Climb up the ol' hill barefoot and look back at them flames shootin sky high. Firemen folk come rushin up real quick like and squirt that fire plum out. It was lucky nobody was hurt, not even a stubbed toe. Luggage stank like a Mississippi cow pie on a mid-July heat.
"Hopefull, come tomorra, a new horse n' buggy come. We'll giddy on up to Belgium town for a good ol' fashioned hootnanny.
We are VERY glad to hear that all band members are safe and sound!
The 12-track album was described by Tommy Rogers (vocals, keyboards) as: "A conceptual journey that takes the listener to worlds that seem familiar and worlds that make you scratch your head." The band's 2011 predecessor, The Parallax: Hypersleep Dialogues EP, laid the groundwork for the story behind the Parallax releases, Prospect I and Prospect II.
Loudwire described The Parallax II as "quintessentially brilliant," while awarding the release a perfect score. Alternative Press said the band "continue to dominate progressive metal" and are musically "expanding on every already-top-notch aspect." Outburn called the album "otherworldly," while Decibel added that BTBAM are "one of progressive metal's most singular, unique and genuinely progressive bands."
A number of aural and visual clips have been released leading up to the release with the most recent addition audio clips from the entire release, which can be found below. The band has also released a stunning, effects laden video for "Astral Body" HERE and a series of instructional videos (guitar, bass and drums) for "Telos" HERE.
All dates below with Periphery and The Safety Fire opening:
- Oct. 10: Antwerp, Belgium at Trix
- Oct. 11: Amsterdam, Netherlands at Melkweg
- Oct. 12: Cologne, Germany at Luxor
- Oct. 13: Munster, Germany at Sputnikhalle
- Oct. 14: Copenhagen, Denmark at Vega
- Oct. 16: Stockholm, Sweden at Debaser Slussen
- Oct. 17: Gothenberg, Sweden at Sticky Fingers
- Oct. 18: Hamburg, Germany at Logo
- Oct. 19: Berlin, Germany at Lido
- Oct. 20: Prague, Czech Republic at Rock Café
- Oct. 22: Bratislava, Slovakia at Randall Club
- Oct. 23: Budapest, Hungary at Durer Kert
- Oct. 24: Wien, Austria at Szene
- Oct. 25: Munich, Germany at Backstage
- Oct. 27: Novara, Italy at Rock'n'Roll Arena
- Oct. 28: Zurich, Switzerland at Dynamo
- Oct. 29: Stuttgart, Germany at Universum
- Oct. 30: Frankfurt, Germany at Batschkapp
- Oct. 31: Paris, France at La Maroquinerie
- Nov. 2: London, UK at Shepherds Bush Empire
- Nov. 4: Austin, TX at Fun Fun Fun Fest
All dates below with Animal as Leaders opening:
- Nov. 8: Osaka, Japan at Avenue A
- Nov. 9: Nagoya, Japan at 3Star
- Nov. 10: Tokyo, Japan at Aube
- Nov. 11: Tokyo, Kichijoji at Club Seata
- Nov. 13: Perth, Australia at Amplifier
- Nov. 14: Adelaide, Australia at Fowlers
- Nov. 15: Brisbane, Australia at The Zoo
- Nov. 16: Melbourne, Australia at Corner Hotel
- Nov. 17: Sydney, Australia at The Metro
- Nov. 19: Wellington, NZ at Bodega
- Nov. 20: Auckland, NZ at The Kings Arms
BTBAM On Facebook
BTBAM On Metal Blade
BTBAM on Twitter
Metal Blade on Facebook