Thursday, March 28, 2013
BATTLECROSS Needs Your Help Funding Their Dream Tours!
Michigan's BATTLECROSS (the Blue Collar Trash Metallers) keep proving to everyone that they have a brilliant future ahead. Not only do they display hard hitting musical vibrations that make ANY room shake, but they absolutely possess the right mind set and attitude to be a force to be reckoned with in the Heavy Music planet. But as an upcoming band, the money to fund bigger and better tours is simply not there. This is why they need your help funding the basic costs that a touring band requires. Read on...
"BATTLECROSS is a Heavy Metal Thrash band of five hard-working guys from Detroit and we're honored by the friendship and support from all of you. We're proud that you like our music and buy our merch and your support is paying off in so many ways with these great tours and opportunities that we've landed. We owe it all to you! We were signed to Metal Blade Records in 2011 and have released one album, 'Pursuit of Honor', which has produced singles that have ranked #1 and the top ten of most requested metal tracks in North America on SiriusXM Satellite Radio.
"We're on the verge of some VERY big things---events that every Heavy Metal band has dreamed of. In the next few months, we'll be playing with bands like Anthrax and Hatebreed at the New England Metal Fest in April, at Orion Music + More with Metallica and Red Hot Chili Peppers in our home town of Detroit in June, and we were just announced to play a tour that could really give our band the break that we've been working towards for our whole life: the 6th Rockstar Energy Drink Mayhem Fest with Rob Zombie, Five Finger Death Punch, Machinehead, Amon Amarth and some of the most popular acts in hard music today.
"The Mayhem Fest tour lasts 30 days and will take us all over the United States of America. The week that the tour starts, we will be releasing our NEW album, our follow up release to 'Pursuit of Honor'. This is a crucial time for the band, with the expenses associated with recording on a small recording budget, and the cost of going on a tour of this magnitude, we need to be in a position to afford to do this. We no longer can hold jobs at home, so we must work to make music our career.
"We've made great sacrifices to make BATTLECROSS grow, much like the sacrifices and stories of perseverance that we convey through our lyrics and energetic style. We've lost jobs, sold personal items, and have done whatever it took to make our dreams come true. This tour is no different!
"Touring is very expensive. On our last tour, we spent almost $10,000 in gas alone. After the tour, we traveled straight to Florida for six weeks (where we are now) to record the next album and have incurred a lot of expenses getting our members to and from the studio, while bringing in no income.
"This tour will be even more difficult as we are a NEW band and our per-show guarantees still don't cover the costs of the $1,000 + needed per day for gas/transportation, the required liability insurance ($1,000+), the cost of a small crew to help on this size of a production ($3,000), buy our merch, merch tent, our personal and band monthly bills, advertising and more will cost the band upwards of $50,000 or more to go on this tour. We've committed to $25,000 ourselves between the nightly guarantees and our merch sales, but as a NEW band, we can't count on merch sale income, especially when we're playing with so many awesome bands. We'll need to raise the rest!
"But if you know us, you know that the thought of coming up with the remaining $25,000 won't stop us from taking this amazing opportunity. This tour will give us the exposure, fan base and attention that could launch us into a global band with a dream career and we'll do whatever it takes to get there!"
Click here to see what you get by helping BATTLECROSS out!
Battlecross at the 2013 New England Metal Hardcore Fest:
- 04/19/13: The Palladium in Worcester, MA
Rockstar Energy Drink Mayhem Festival tour dates for 2013 are as follows:
- 06/29/13: San Manuel Amphitheater in San Bernardino, CA
- 06/30/13: Shoreline Amphitheater in Mountain View, CA
- 07/02/13: Idaho Center Amphitheater in Nampa, ID
- 07/03/13: White River Amphitheater in Auburn, WA
- 07/05/13: Desert Sky Pavilion in Phoenix, AZ
- 07/06/13: Isleta Amphitheater in Albuquerque, NM
- 07/07/13: Fiddler's Green Amphitheater in Englewood, CO
- 07/10/13: Molson Canadian Amphitheater in Toronto, ON– CANADA
- 07/12/13: First Niagara Pavilion in Burgettstown, PA
- 07/13/13: Susquehana Bank Center in Camden, NJ
- 07/14/13: Darien Lake Performing Arts Center in Darien Center, NY
- 07/16/13: Comcast Center in Mansfield, MA
- 07/17/13: Bangor Waterfront in Bangor, ME
- 07/19/13: Toyota Pavilion in Montage Mountain in Scranton, PA
- 07/20/13: Saratoga Performing Arts Center in Saratoga Springs, NY
- 07/21/13: The Comcast Theatre in Hartford, CT
- 07/23/13: PNC Bank Arts Center in Holmdel, NJ
- 07/24/13: Jiffy Lube Live in Bristow, VA
- 07/26/13: Klipsch Music Center in Noblesville, IN
- 07/27/13: First Midwest Bank Amphitheater in Tinley Park, IL
- 07/28/13: DTE Energy Music Theatre in Clarkson, MI
- 07/30/13: Lakewood Amphitheater in Atlanta, GA
- 07/31/13: 1-800-Ask-Gary Amphitheater in Tampa, FL
- 08/02/13: Tower Amphitheater in Austin, TX
- 08/03/13: Cynthia Woods Mitchell Pavilion in Woodlands, TX
- 08/04/13: Gexa Energy Pavilion in Dallas, TX
Battlecross' Official Site