Disclaimer

DISCLAIMER: Horns Up Rocks does not consciously breach any copyright regulations. If you are a holder and would like something to be removed from our site, please email us at info@hornsuprocks.com and we will gladly oblige.

Wednesday, January 23, 2013

THE MARS VOLTA Singer Cedric Bixler Zavala Leaves The Band!


Wow! THE MARS VOLTA as we know it, is coming to an end. The bands vocalist Cedric Bixler Zavala has made the announcement via his Twitter page (https://twitter.com/cedricbixler_). Here is a summary of what he just posted:



"Thank u 2 all VOLTA fans u deserved more especially after the way u rooted for us on this album. I tried my hardest to keep it going...

"But Bosnian Rainbows was what we all got instead. I can't sit here and pretend any more. I no longer am a member of Mars Volta.

"I honestly thank all of you for buying our records and coming to our shows. You guys were a blast to play in front of...

"We could never had done it with out you. My dream was to get us to the point were Jon Theodore and Ikey Owens came back but sadly it's over...

"Thank u a million times over for ever giving a fuck about our band...

"For the record I tried my hardest to get a full scale North American tour going for Noctourniquet but Omar did not want to.

"I guess a break from mars volta means starting another band and ignoring all the support the fans gave us. I tried my hardest guys...

"All I can do is move forward with my music and just be happy that mars volta ever happened at all. God Damn we had a blast. Thank u again!

"I just feel really guilty for not even really saying the truth because a hiatus is just an insult to the fans.

"To all our fans all over the world thank you for giving a fuck. You all ruled! I don't think ill ever hear a fist full of dollars the same.

"My record will see the light of day soon and I'm excited because it sounds nothing like my previous endeavors."

Related links:

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Rip one of the greatest bands of our time. Fuck Omar and fuck Bosnian Rainbows and the Pop bullshit.