DISCLAIMER: Horns Up Rocks does not consciously breach any copyright regulations. If you are a holder and would like something to be removed from our site, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will gladly oblige.
Saturday, August 13, 2011
Corrosion Of Conformity - Woody Weatherman Discusses the New Chapter of C.O.C.
"With the three of us back together like we are now, we are just tossing out riffs... we already have an album done. We're just waiting on that to come out. Probably the first of the year."
During, the bands recent show at the Brooklyn Bowl in New York City, we had the chance to chat with C.O.C. guitarist Woody Weatherman about the bands eighth studio album, the present and future of the band, and what he thinks bands today need to do so they do not fall into the bandwagon. You can watch the interview below.
Mike Dean (Vocals & Bass)
Woody Weatherman (Guitars)
Reed Mullin (Drums)
- Eye for an Eye (1984)
- Animosity (1985)
- Blind (1991)
- Deliverance (1994)
- Wiseblood (1996)
- America's Volume Dealer (2000)
- In the Arms of God (2005)
- Album #8 in the process completed, no release date yet
Video and Photo credit: Steve Lars from Creative Ventures International & Steve Lars on Facebook
Corrosion Of Conformity
Napalm Death Complete Production of NEW Album!
British Grindcore masters Napalm Death announced via an interview with Decibel Magazine, that they have completed production of their fifteenth studio album! As far as a release date, it should be out before the end of the year. Here are some parts of the interview that the magazine conducted with bassist Shane Embury.
"It's pretty much done — it's mastered. We got to the situation where we'd recorded 19 songs and thought, "Right, this is enough now," and basically, we're just trying to work out the track listing. I think the main release will have 15 or 16. We'll probably put a different track on the vinyl, maybe an exclusive download track, and we have that thing where we license the album to Japan and we'll probably give them a couple of tracks for the imports. We've actually got a few more songs that we didn't finish that we're gonna use for splits, because I've been trying to work on a split with the Melvins for a while. That's in the pipeline at some point.
"Occasionally, we might listen to the odd riff and think, "That's a little bit strange," but it always tends to work out; when you're all looking in the same direction you're not afraid to try things. I think we know each other so well, in our musical backgrounds as well, it's not a surprise if Mitch [Harris, guitar] comes up with something and I don't really question it because I've known him so long as a person. He's been my friend for like 22 years or something; he's not going to throw a real mad curveball at me. It's more a question of "Let's try it." It always works out. Even if I think it's a bit strange, it will work because, collectively, we'll start practicing, just the two, three of us, and when it all comes together with Barney's voice on top it just becomes Napalm Death.
"I've been told by the powers that be that I've got to keep it under wraps for the time being. I think Barney wants to keep it quiet — song titles, though, we have songs like "Quarantine", "The Wolf I Feed", "Collision Course", "Analysis Paralysis", "Leper Colony": those are some of the song titles we have at the moment. It will be interesting to hear what people think. I think it's a good continuation from the last record. One of the songs, "Fall on Their Swords", the first couple of riffs on that I wrote 20 years ago and I've finally finished it. It's kind of a strange track, it starts of sort of in the vein of "Utopia Banished", with a really atmospheric SWANS, doomy Black Metal bit in the middle — not Black Metal, but that sort of weird chord. Strangely enough, the first two riffs on that, I have been playing about with for years. For me it's a good step on from the last record. I've played them back-to-back and, I dunno, it's just evolved in its own course." - Shane Embury
Click here to read the entire interview, courtesy of Decibel Magazine
Friday, August 12, 2011
DEICIDE to Headline "March Of Death 2012" tour
Did you already start filling up your Metallic calendar for 2012? Well, on Spring 2012, Death Metal masters Deicide will be back in North America and they will be headlining "March Of Death 2012" tour, presented by SMN News! Joining Deicide on this tour will be Jungle Rot, Abigail Williams, and Lecherous Nocturne. Deicide will be touring in support of their recently released album, "To Hell With God".
Here are the tour-dates for "March Of Death 2012":
- 3/1/12: West Springfield, VA - Jaxx
- 3/2/12: Reading, PA - Reverb
- 3/3/12: New York, NY - The Gramercy Theatre
- 3/4/12: Montreal, QUE - FouFounes
- 3/5/12: Quebec City, QUE - Imperial de Quebec
- 3/6/12: Toronto, ONT - Opera House
- 3/7/12: Rochester, NY - Montage Music Hall
- 3/8/12: Cleveland, OH - Peabody's
- 3/9/12: Detroit, MI - Blondie's
- 3/10/12: Chicago, IL - Reggie's Rock Club
- 3/12/12: Winnipeg, MB - The Osbourne Village Inn
- 3/13/12: Regina, SK - The Exchange
- 3/14/12: Edmonton, AL - Starlite
- 3/15/12: Calgary, AL - Dickens
- 3/16/12: Kelowna , BC - Rutland Centennial Hall
- 3/17/12: Vancouver, BC - Rickshaw Theater
- 3/18/12: Seattle, WA - El Corazon
- 3/19/12: Portland, OR - Hawthorne Theatre
- 3/20/12: San Francisco, CA - The Grand Ballroom
- 3/21/12: West Hollywood, CA - House of Blues
- 3/22/12: Tempe, AZ-Clubhouse
- 3/23/12: Salt Lake City, UT - The Complex
- 3/24/12: Denver, CO - Bluebird Theater
- 3/26/12: Dallas, TX - Trees
- 3/27/12: Austin, TX - Emo's Alternative Lounging
- 3/28/12: New Orleans, LA - The Hangar
- 3/29/12: Orlando, FL - The Club at Firestone
Deicide on Facebook
Chimaira NEW Album Details & "Year Of The Snake" Video Premiere
The band recently released singles Born In Blood and Trigger Finger to much critical praise. Alternative Press recently stated that this is "Chimaira's most ferocious material to date." The record will be released with a DVD containing an intimate in depth interview with the band as well. "The Age Of Hell" will be the band's newest release since "The Infection" which was released in 2009.
Today, they are debuting a brand new music video for the track "Year Of The Snake"!
Additionally, the band recently released an official album teaser surrounding the launch of the "The Age Of Hell" iTunes pre-order which is now live.
PREVIEW/PREORDER ON ITUNES HERE
Chimaira also have a slew of bundle pre order packages that feature a variety of exclusive merch for true diehard fans. View those HERE.
Track-listing of The Age Of Hell:
1) The Age Of Hell
3) Losing My Mind
4) Time Is Running Out
5) Year Of The Snake
6) Beyond The Grave
7) Born In Blood
10) Trigger Finger
13) Scum Of The Earth
14) Your Days Are Numbered
- Mark Hunter (Vocals)
- Rob Arnold (Lead Guitar)
- Matt DeVries (Guitar)
- Emil Werstler (Bass)
- Sean Z (Keys)
- Austin D'Amond (Drums)
Click to order Chimaira's "The Age Of Hell" on iTunes
Click here to listen to Chimaira's NEW Album
E One Music
Thursday, August 11, 2011
Revolver Magazine "Salute the Troops" Issue!
Revolver Magazine is constantly releasing issues that are collectors items. In commemoration of the 10-year anniversary of the 9-11 terrorist attacks, they united forces with various Heavy Music musicians in an issue titled "Salute the Troops". One of the bands featured on this issue (available everywhere on August 16th), is Five Finger Death Punch who talk about how their 2010 trip to the Middle East to play for U.S. troops helped bring them closer together. 5FDP’s highly-anticipated third album titled "American Capitalist" is set for release on October 11th, 2011. The band is also featured on the cover of the magazine.
Other artists that discuss their experience on U.S.O. tours include: Avenged Sevenfold, Disturbed, Godsmack, Staind, and Shinedown. Additionally, members of Tool, All That Remains, and others share stories of their times serving in the military.
The new issue of Revolver Magazine also includes a feature on American Idol contestant James Durbin, who urged the United States to “give Metal a chance.” He discusses how he discovered Metal by listening to Ronnie James Dio on the radio, what performing on Idol alongside artists like Zakk Wylde and Judas Priest was like, and what the future holds for him.
This legendary issue includes articles on Megadeth and former Skid Row singer and reality TV star Sebastian Bach, as well as Metallica, the movie Fright Night, Theory of a Deadman, Kittie, Chimaira, Eyes Set to Kill, and many others.
Wait, there's more! As a special exclusive bonus, the newsstand edition of the new issue contains limited-edition baseball cards of the “Big 4” bands of Thrash Metal (Metallica, Slayer, Megadeth, and Anthrax), who are set to play the historic first Metal show ever at Yankee Stadium on September 14. The cards are modeled after the classic Topps baseball cards from 1986, the same year these four bands released their masterpieces.
The new issue of Revolver Magazine is available everywhere on August 16th! Pick it up!
Brought to you by HornsUpRocks.com at 11:59 AM No comments:
Labels: all that remains, avenged sevenfold, disturbed, five finger death punch, godsmack, heavy music, horns up rocks, revolver magazine, salute the troops, shinedown, staind, tool
Mahavatar, Lies Beneath & No Remission Put the Pedal to the Metal at Mercury Lounge!
When we arrived at the venue around 4 PM, most of the bands were already at the venue awaiting the grueling process of sound-check. The first band up was Mahavatar who made the concert room groove out of control as soon as they plugged in their instruments, this is when we all looked at each other and realized that it was going to be a great night of Heavy Music. After Lies Beneath and No Remission completed their sound-checks, we all headed out for some food and drinks. If there is something Horns Up Rocks is very proud of, is the relationships we have with all the bands that we work with. We truly believe that the only way to build a community of like-minded artists is to unite forces both on and off stage.
Then it was time for Lies Beneath to melt the faces out of the audience members. As we have mentioned before, these guys performed at Hixonfest 2010 (the very first Horns Up Rocks event about a year ago) and they have come a long way since then. After the release of their new album "Death Of The American Dream", Lies Beneath has been injected with a lethal dose of adrenaline and they keep sounding better and better. The crowd could definitely tell that these guys are working hard on their craft and have excellent chemistry while on stage. The highlight of their set is when they did a flawless cover of Mastodon's "Blood and Thunder".
Headlining the show and presenting to the masses their new album titled "Rise From Betrayal", was New York City's Mahavatar! In times in which it is hard to find a band that possesses a signature sound, Mahavatar hits the scene with an air of freshness and lots of attitude. Lead by the very charismatic Lizza De Mauro, Mahavatar is a group of veteran musicians that know how to keep any crowd on their toes. Since they were celebrating the release of their new album, they even brought some dancers on stage which made the crowd go wild. For many that was the highlight of their well polished set. With Mahavatar you can always expect the unexpected!
All in all, it was a great night for the New York City Heavy Music scene. A night that will go down in history. Oh, but lets not forget the after-party at Idle Hands Bar! How often is the after-party for a show a block away from the venue? And how often do all the guests of the after-party get free drinks? Well, the guys at Idle Hands Bar have been huge supporters of Horns Up Rocks and vice-versa.
Guess what? We are ready to do it all over again, this Saturday, August 13th, at D'Antigua Lounge in Jackson Heights, Queens! Are you ready?
Photo credit: Steve Lars from Creative Ventures International & Steve Lars on Facebook
Idle Hands Bar
Wednesday, August 10, 2011
The Black Dahilia Murder to Embark on Headlining Tour with All Shall Perish & Cannabis Corpse!
- In its first week of release Ritual landed at the #29 spot on the Billboard Top 200, #6 on the Billboard Top Independent Album, #4 on the Billboard Top Hard Music Albums and #9 on the Billboard Rock Albums Chart.
- The record entered the UK's Rock & Metal Chart at #20 and #38 in the Indie Chart making "Ritual" the band's strongest first week release in the UK.
- In Germany, "Ritual" entered the German Media Control "Newcomer" charts at #15 and is in the official Media Market charts at #93.
- In addition, "Ritual" came in at #32 on Canada's Top 200 Chart, #5 on the Independent Charts and #4 on the Hard Charts.
The Black Dahilia Murder will embark on a US tour headline run this fall. The tour will begin on October 6th at The Bluestone in Columbus, Ohio, and will come to a conclusion on October 30th at The Loft in Lansing, Michigan. Support on the fall tour comes from Oakland, California's All Shall Perish-currently on The Rockstar Energy Drink Mayhem Festival - and Richmond, Virginia's Cannabis Corpse.
RITUAL 2011 North American Tour featuring THE BLACK DAHLIA MURDER w/ All Shall Perish & Cannabis Corpse:
- 10/06: Columbus, OH at The Bluestone (scaled)
- 10/07: Pittsburgh, PA at Mr. Smalls
- 10/08: Lancaster, PA at Chameleon Club
- 10/09: Syracuse, NY at Lost Horizon
- 10/10: Providence, RI at The Met
- 10/11: Brooklyn, NY at Knitting Factory
- 10/13: Richmond, VA at Canal Club
- 10/14: Wilmington, NC at The Soapbox
- 10/17: Corpus Christi, TX at House of Rock
- 10/18: Austin, TX at Red 7
- 10/19: Lubbock, TX at Jakes
- 10/20: El Paso, TX at Club 101
- 10/21: Flagstaff, AZ at Orpheum Theatre
- 10/22: Tucson, AZ at The Rock
- 10/23: Farmington, NM at Top Deck
- 10/25: Oklahoma City, OK at Conservatory
- 10/26: Lawrence, KS at Granada Theatre
- 10/27: Des Moines, IA at The Wheelhouse
- 10/28: Omaha, NE at Waiting Room
- 10/30: Lansing, MI at The Loft
Click to Download RITUAL
BDM on Metal Blade Records
BDM Official Site
BDM on Youtube
BDM on Twitter
Clutch = Kings of Modern Rock N Roll!
It took Clutch a lot of hard work and patience to fine tune their signature sound, and it was actually a lucky mistake that changed the bands sound forever. When the band was formed, current vocalist/guitarist Neil Fallon was a backup singer. It turns out that one day the original singer didn't show up to a gig, so Neil stepped on stage and took over the front-man slot. The band immediately knew he was the missing ingredient to establish Clutch's sound.
Ever since then, the Clutch boys haven't looked back once and are constantly reinventing their sound without losing sight of their perfect delivery of modern Rock N' Roll! They are one of the tightest sounding bands today, and they prove this night after night, show after show. As a result, bands like Motörhead and Black Label Society have asked them to be direct support during both of these bands tours earlier this year.
Clutch recently performed at the Brooklyn Bowl in Williamsburg, Brooklyn, in front of a hungry crowd of Rock N' Roll children. Before their phenomenal set, we had the chance to chat with Tim Sult (guitarist) about the bands current and future plans, we also talked to him about the history of the band and about his signature guitar sound. Wake up and check this awesome interview out.
- Neil Fallon
- Tim Sult
- Dan Maines
- Jean-Paul Gaster
- Transnational Speedway League (1993)
- Clutch (1995)
- The Elephant Riders (1998)
- Jam Room (1999)
- Pure Rock Fury (2001)
- Blast Tyrant (2004)
- Robot Hive/Exodus (2005)
- From Beale Street to Oblivion (2007)
- Strange Cousins from the West (2009)
Video and Photo credit: Steve Lars from Creative Ventures International & Steve Lars on Facebook
Eric Stevenson (formerly in Only Living Witness) Loses Battle to Cancer
Eric Stevenson founded Only Living Witness, whom with he recorded two studio albums titled "Prone Mortal Form" (1993) and "Innocents" (1996). Both records were released via Century Media, this is what the label had to say about the passing of Stevenson:
"Our condolences go out to Eric Stevenson's family and friends. ONLY LIVING WITNESS was a great part of our history and we are deeply saddened to hear the news of our friend passing at such a young age." - Century Media
Only Living Witness was a huge influence on bands like Shadow's Fall and Overcast, this is what Brian Fair (vocalist) had to say about this tragic loss:
"Incredibly saddened to hear about the passing of Eric Stevenson of the mighty ONLY LIVING WITNESS. Your music will live on forever. RIP." Brian Fair (Shadow's Fall & Overcast) via Twitter
This is what Nonpoint drummer Robb Rivera wrote on his Facebook page:
"Saddened to hear that one of my main influences Eric Stevenson has passed away. Eric was the drummer of Boston's mightiest band ONLY LIVING WITNESS. Those who know me well know how much that band and his drumming touched my life. From the early '90s when I heard their first four-song demo to their last album, 'Innocents'. To me he was the modern-day Bill Ward. Those flam hits are legendary and will be sorely missed. Rip in peace, Eric."
Only Living Witness on MySpace
Straight Line Stitch Discuss Life on the Road as an Upcoming Band!
Straight Line Stitch was formed in Knoxville, Tennessee in 1999. Ever since then the bands philosophy has been to focus on their musical path by perfecting their craft regardless of the challenges that are thrown at them. After various lineup changes (including two vocalists), Straight Line Stitch found their missing Joker in Alexis Brown, who was able to bring a sonic assault blended with beautiful harmonies. From that moment on the band started making a lot of noise both on and off stage.
While some fans have questioned the evolution of the band since they feel that the band sounds more commercial nowadays, on their latest album titled "The Fight Of Our Lives", the band proves that their musical evolution has placed them in the musical spotlight. As a result their are many within the music industry, including Jamey Jasta (Hatebreed, Kingdom Of sorrow & Jasta) that believe that this is the band to watch in 2011.
Straight Line Stitch recently performed in Hartford, CT, at the Rockstar Energy Mayhem Festival and before the doors were even open, we had the chance to chat with Alexis Brown (Vocalist) and Seth Thacker (guitarist) about life on the road, their new album "The Fight of Our Lives" and more. When asked about the bands European debut at these years Download Festival in the UK in front of a massive audience, this is what they had to say about it:
"It is like baptism by fire because we had never played in Europe before and then our first show ever in Europe was a huge festival in front of all this people! It was intense and awesome!" Seth Thacker
You can watch the rest of the interview right here:
Straight Line Stitch - "One Reason" OFFICIAL VIDEO (featuring Jose Mangin)
This is a previous interview we did with Straight Line Stitch at New York City's The Gramercy Theater:
- Aug 10: Gexa Energy Pavilion in Dallas, TX
- Aug 11: The Hangar in New Orleans, LA
- Aug 12: Aaron's Amphitheatre at Lakewood in Atlanta, GA
- Aug 13: 1-800-ASK-GARY Amphitheatre at the Florida State Fairgrounds in Tampa, FL
- Aug 14: Cruzan Ampitheatre in West Palm Beach, FL
- Aug 28: Afro Punk Festival at the Commodore Barry Park in Brooklyn, NY
- Sep 26: The Valarium in Knoxville, TN
- Sep 27: Groundzero in Spartanburg, SC
- Nov 03: Sugarmill in Stoke On Trent, United Kingdom
IN MEMORY OF:
Video and Photo credit: Steve Lars from Creative Ventures International & Steve Lars on Facebook
Straight Line Stitch on Facebook
Straight Line Stitch on MySpace
Brought to you by HornsUpRocks.com at 1:00 PM No comments:
Labels: "Straight Line Stitch" "Alexis Brown" "Seth Tacker" "Eone Music" "Horns Up Rocks" "Jo Schuftan" "The Fight Of Our Lives" "heavy metal" alternative "download festival" "hartford connecticut"
Foo Fighters Madison Square Garden Takeover!
The band announced that they will be returning to New York City's Madison Square Garden, as part of their Fall tour (tour-dates below). The band is scheduled to perform at the "World's Largest Arena" on Sunday, November 13th. Supporting the band will be Social Distortion and The Joy Formidable. The ticket pre-sale is already going on, the password is ROCK. Ticket sales will beging on Friday, August 12th at 10:00 AM. Don't miss out, this show is lining up to be one of the best shows of the year in Hard Rock music!
- Wed, 8/10/11: Montreal, Canada - Bell Center (with Doughboys & f***ed Up)
- Thu, 8/18/11: Hasselt/Kiewet, Belgium (with Pukkelpop)
- Sat, 8/20/11: St Polten, Austria - Frequency
- Sun, 8/21/11: Erfurt, GER - Highfield
- Tue, 8/23/11: Cologne, Germany - Laxness Arena
- Wed, 8/24/11: Ubersee, Germany - Chiemsee Festival
- Fri, 8/26/11: Paris, France - Rock En Seine
- Wed, 9/14/11: St. Paul, MN - Xcel Center (with Rise Against & Mariachi el Bronx)
- Fri, 9/16/11: Kansas City, MO - Sprint Center (with Rise Against & Mariachi el Bronx)
- Sat, 9/17/11: St Louis, MO - Scottrade Center (with Rise Against & Mariachi el Bronx)
- Mon, 9/19/11: Detroit, MI - Palace of Auburn Hills (with Rise Against & Mariachi el Bronx)
- Tue, 9/20/11: Cleveland, OH - Quicken Loans Arena (with Rise Against & Mariachi el Bronx)
- Thu, 9/22/11: Columbus OH - Nationwide Arena (with Rise Against & Mariachi el Bronx)
- Fri, 9/23/11: Pittsburgh, PA - Consol Energy Center (with Rise Against & Mariachi el Bronx)
- Sun, 9/25/11: Buffalo, NY - HSBC Center
- Mon, 9/26/11: East Rutherford, NJ - Izod Center (with Rise Against & Mariachi el Bronx)
- Sun, 10/09/11: Denver, CO - Pepsi Center (with Cage the Elephant & Mariachi el Bronx)
- Tue, 10/11/11: Salt Lake City, UT - Maverik Center (with Cage the Elephant & Mariachi el Bronx)
- Thu, 10/13/11: Los Angeles, CA - The Forum (with Cage the Elephant & Mariachi el Bronx)
- Fri, 10/14/11: Los Angeles, CA - The Forum (with Cage the Elephant & Mariachi el Bronx)
- Sun, 10/16/11: Phoenix, AZ - US Airways Center (with Cage the Elephant & Mariachi el Bronx)
- Mon, 10/17/11: San Diego, CA - Viejas Arena (with Cage the Elephant & Mariachi el Bronx)
- Wed, 10/19/11: Oakland, CA - Oracle Arena (with Cage the Elephant & Mariachi el Bronx)
- Thu, 10/20/11: Sacramento, CA - Power Balance Pavillion (with Cage the Elephant & Mariachi el Bronx)
- Tue, 10/25/11: Vancouver, BC - Rogers Arena (with Cage the Elephant & Mariachi el Bronx)
- Thu, 10/27/11: Calgary, AB - Scotiabank Saddledome (with Cage the Elephant & Mariachi el Bronx)
- Fri, 10/28/11: Edmonton, AB - Rexall Place (with Cage the Elephant & Mariachi el Bronx)
- Mon, 11/07/11: Duluth, GA - Gwinnett Center (with Social Distortion & The Joy Formidable)
- Tue, 11/08/11: Charlotte, NC - Time Warner Center (with Social Distortion & The Joy Formidable)
- Thu, 11/10/11: Philadelphia, PA - Wells Fargo Center (with Social Distortion & The Joy Formidable)
- Fri, 11/11/11: Washington, DC - Verizon Center (with Social Distortion & The Joy Formidable)
- Sun, 11/13/11: New York, NY - Madison Square Garden (with Social Distortion & The Joy Formidable)
- Mon, 11/14/11: Newark, NJ - Prudential Center (with Social Distortion & The Joy Formidable)
- Wed, 11/16/11: Boston, MA - TD Garden (with Social Distortion & The Joy Formidable)
- Mon, 11/28/11: Perth - NIB Stadium (with TENACIOUS D)
- Fri, 12/02/11: Melbourne - AAMI Park (with TENACIOUS D)
- Mon, 12/05/11: Adelaide - Adelaide Oval (with TENACIOUS D)
- Thu, 12/08/11: Sydney - Sydney Football Stadium (with TENACIOUS D)
- Sat, 12/10/11: Gold Coast - Metricon Stadium (with TENACIOUS D)
- Tue, 12/13/11: Auckland - Western Springs Stadium (with TENACIOUS D)
The Foo Fighters
Preview their new album "Wasting Light"
Tuesday, August 9, 2011
Goatwhore Launches Studio Update!
NOLA's Blackened Death Metal masters Goatwhore, are currently working on their fifth studio album (set to be released in February of 2012) at Erik Rutan's Mana Studios in Tampa, Florida. Today the band posted a studio update on Metal Blade TV, which you can watch below. The video was shot and edited by the band and is the first in a series of videos that will chronicle the recording of the new album. The band is making quick progress and drums have already been completed.
"Tracking for the new record went very smoothly with the help of excellent equipment. I played a Pearl Reference kit with Sabian AA cymbals. The drums sound like canons of doom. Every time I hear the toms I want to break something because they sound so damn good. The AA's were a perfect match in their ability to cut through the thunder of the drums. This record is going to have a giant pair of balls hanging from it." - Drummer Zack Simmons
Once again, the band is working with legendary Heavy Music producer Erik Rutan, who has also produced the band's previous two efforts, "A Haunting Curse" and "Carving Out the Eyes of God".
As soon as Goatwhore wraps up recording the album, they will immediately hit the road for headlining shows starting in Tampa, FL. From there, they will join the Exhumed tour along with Cephalic Carnage and Havok. The tour stars in Gallup, NM on October 26th.
- Aug 25 at The Brass Mug in Tampa, FL
- Aug 26 at Alabama Music Box in Mobile, AL
- Aug 27 at Head on the Door in Montgomery, AL (This is a FREE show with limited space.)
- Sep 09 at Siberia in New Orleans, LA
- Sep 10 at The City Club of Houma in Houma, LA
- Sep 16 at Coaster's in Fort Walton Beach, FL
- Sep 17 at The Handlebar in Pensacola, FL
10/28 - Oklahoma City, OK - The Conservatory
10/29 - St. Louis, MO - FuBar
10/30 - Chicago, IL - Reggies Rock Club
10/31 - Detroit, MI - I-Rock Nightclub
11/1 - Columbus, OH - Alrosa Villa
11/2 - Rochester, NY - MontageMusic Hall
11/3 - Toronto, ON - Wreck Room
11/4 - Montreal, QC - Les Foufounes Electriques
11/5 - Trois-Rivieres, QC - Rock Café Le Stage
11/6 - Quebec City, QC - L’Agitee
11/8 - Worcester, MA - Palladium
11/9 - Brooklyn, NY - Europa
11/10 - Trenton, NJ - Championship
11/11 - Wilmington, DE - Mojo 13
11/12 - Baltimore, MD - Sonar
11/13 - Charlotte, NC - The Casbah at TremontMusic Hall
11/14 - Atlanta, GA - Masquerade
11/15 - Tampa, FL - Brass Mug
11/17 - New Orleans, LA - Siberia
11/18 - San Antonio, TX - Korova (as part of Goregrowler’s Ball with SUFFOCATION)
11/19 - Lafayette, LA - Grant Street Dancehall
Official event flier:
Here is Goatwhore's Studio update:
Here is a recent interview we did with producer Erik Rutan.
Here is an interview we did with vocalist/screamer Ben Falgoust last summer.
Goathwhore's Official Site
Megadeth Announce NEW Album Details!
Today is a good day in Heavy Music! Thrash Metal titans Megadeth have just released a bunch of details regarding their 13th studio album, which we will infect us all this coming November. Here is the Official Press Release:
Megadeth, easily one of the most recognized and culturally significant names in Hard Rock music for the past three decades, are pleased to announce the forthcoming release of their thirteenth album, titled TH1RT3EN. The album will be released November 1, 2011 via Roadrunner Records. TH1RT3EN follows up 2009's Endgame, which was one of the most celebrated albums of the pioneering band's storied career. Anticipation is high and fans are anxious for a taste of new music from the legends, who have sold over 25 million albums globally throughout the course of their career, and they will get it imminently.
Dave Mustaine is incredibly proud of the music put forth on the new recording, saying, "This record is the culmination of my work over the 13 records I recorded. There are moments on TH1RT3EN that capture my every emotion, and other moments where I am releasing feelings I never knew existed! My proudest moments of my musical career are captured on TH1RT3EN.”
The title has several levels of meaning, which leader and guitar deity Dave Mustaine, who first picked up an axe at the age of 13, revealed in a recent chat with RollingStone.com, saying, "I was born on September 13th; this is my thirteenth record. It just seemed like it was the right thing to do to call it TH1RT3EN."
The band is spending its summer dominating and decimating the main stage of the fourth annual Rock Star Energy Drink Mayhem Festival alongside Godsmack and Disturbed. The band will cap off a busy and headline-making summer by performing as part of "The Big 4" once again, this time in New York at Yankee Stadium alongside Metallica, Slayer and Anthrax. The only previous "Big 4" show in the U.S. took place in April in Southern California.
The band also recorded an original track, "Never Dead," specifically for the NeverDead action-adventure video game franchise. "Never Dead" will appear on TH1RT3EN. Additionally, "Sudden Death" was recorded for Guitar Hero: Warriors Of Rock and will appear on the album.
With nine Grammy nominations under their bullet belts and having enjoyed five consecutive Platinum and multi-Platinum certifications, as well as seven Gold certifications during their career, Megadeth need no introduction. They've essentially written the book on Heavy Metal and Hard Rock, gaining momentum with each critically lauded release. In 2010, Mustaine released his first book, Mustaine: A Heavy Metal Memoir, which hit the New York Times bestseller list in hardcover (and is now being re-released in paperback). In a review, the Toronto Globe & Mail said, “Dave Mustaine’s memoir is the narrative of a struggling, hard-won music career. It is also a story of survival, redemption and faith… Dave Mustaine is a legend in Heavy Metal; he has written music that has inspired generations of fans, and he has proven that with faith, anything is possible. Transcending simple religion and music, Mustaine’s Heavy Metal Memoir will leave you moved and inspired (8/25/10).”
Here is an interview we conducted with drummer Shawn Drover, in which we discuss the bands new album, the Big 4 and more!
- Rockstar Energy Mayhem Festival:
8/9 - Zoo Amphitheatre - Oklahoma City, OK
8/10 – Gexa Energy Pavilion - Dallas, TX
8/12 - Aaron's Amphitheatre at Lakewood - Atlanta, GA
8/13 - 1-800-ASK-GARY Amphitheatre - Tampa, FL
8/14 - Cruzan Amphitheatre - West Palm Beach, FL
- The Big Four (Metallica, Slayer, Megadeth and Anthrax:
9/14 - Yankee Stadium - Bronx, New York
Latin American tour:
11/9 - Buenos Aires, Argentina - Estadio Cubierto Malvinas
11/10 - Estadio Cubierto Malvinas - Buenos Aires, Argentina
11/12 - Maquinaria Festival, Club Hipico - Santiago, Chile
11/14 - SWU Music & Arts Festival - Sao Paulo, Brazil
11/16 - Jose Cuervo Salon - Mexico City, Mexico
11/17 - Jose Cuervo Salon - Mexico City, Mexico
11/19 - H&H Metal Fest, Calle 2 - Guadalajara, Mexico
11/20 - Banamex Auditorium - Monterrey, Mexico
Video and Photo credit: Steve Lars from Creative Ventures International & Steve Lars on Facebook
The Horns Up Rocks Recap of Mayhemfest in Hartford Connecticut
Rockstar Energy Mayhem Festival
The Big 4 on Facebook
Devildriver's Guitarist to Miss South American Tour After Suffering Seizure
A few days before Devildriver embarked on their first South American tour, guitarist Mike Sprietzer suffered a seizure while shopping at a Ride Aid in California. Fortunately, after his doctors ran a series of tests it was determined that it was an isolated incident but that Sprietzer should stay home and rest. The band has decided to do the tour as a four piece since they didn't want to miss such a huge opportunity for them. Here is what Dez Fafara (Devildriver's frontman) Twitter about the situation:
"(Guitarist) Mike Sprietzer, has had a seizure and woke up in the emergency room. He is doing well. We are still coming just with One guitar player."
"Mike just text from the hospital and told us to GO! We've never done shows with one guitar player but don't want to let our fans down!"
This is what guitarist Mike Spreitzer of California had to say about the situation:
"Hey everybody. Thank you all so much for your concern. It means so much to me. I'm doing okay and I'm back home.
"I'm not sure why, but I had a seizure in a Rite Aid while I was picking up a few last-minute items for our South American tour. I collapsed and hit my head fairly hard. But the good news is all the tests results and CAT scan came back negative. So I've been ordered to rest and stay home. I'll be up and running for the next tour with ARCH ENEMY.
"I'm so upset that I can't go to South America. I was so excited.
"Thanks again for your concern and I love you all."
Since the band didn't have enough time to have Spreitzer replaced for this tour, Jeff Kendrick will be the sole guitarist. The six-date tour of South America and Mexico kicks off tomorrow (Wednesday, August 10) at Teatro Flores in Buenos Aires, Argentina. Here are all the tour dates.
Wednesday, August 10th 2011 - Buenos Aires, Argentina (Teatro Flores)
Thursday, August 11th 2011 - Santiago, Chile (Teatro Teleton)
Saturday, August 13th 2011 - Sao Paulo, Brazil (Carioca Club)
Sunday, August 14th 2011 - Curitba, Brazil (Music Hall)
Tuesday, August 16th 2011 - Bogota, Colombia (Teatro Metro)
Thursday, August 18th 2011 - Mexico City, Mexico (Circo Volador)
It has been a rough year for Devildriver. About a month ago bassist Aaron "Bubble" Patrick (ex-Bury Your Dead) suffered a back injury but was able to recover in time for the Heavy T.O. and Heavy MTL festivals in Toronto, Ontario and Montreal, Quebec, Canada, respectively. Bubble replaced former bassist Jonathan Miller, who quit the band in March. Click here to read about this.
- Facts about "Beast":
\m/ Devildriver's fifth album, released on February 22, 2011 via Roadrunner Records
\m/ Sold over 11,000 copies in the United States in its first week of release to debut at position No. 42 on The Billboard 200 chart.
We wish Mike a speedy recovery! \m/
Australia's "Soundwave Revolution" Festival Canceled!
We regret to inform to all our Australian headbangers that these years edition of the "Soundwave Revolution" Festival, has been canceled after the co-headlining band (which was supposed to be announced on August 1st) had to drop off from the show. Here is the Official statement from festival promoter AJ Maddah, who spoke with Australia's Nova 969 radio station,
"The festival as we know it has been canceled. The situation is that we were scheduled to make a second announcement on the first of August, which had our festival co-headliner on that announcement. Their circumstances changed at the last minute and they had to pull out. And unfortunately we don't have enough time to replace them. And we didn't really want to go ahead with an incomplete lineup.
"We were supposed to make the public announcement this evening anyway. But what we wanted to do — because a lot of those bands are still coming and we are creating packages and what have you, for them to do in clubs and other venues — we wanted to be able to make the full announcement at 1 PM. So that we could say the festival in its format is no longer happening [and] that these shows are taking its place. Unfortunately, one of those artists [drummer Stix Zadinia of STEEL PANTHER — Ed.] jumped the gun [and leaked the news of the festival cancellation via Twitter].
"The people that have already bought their tickets — I think it's nice enough that people that have already purchased their tickets by credit card, in which case those tickets are automatically refunded. And the small percentage that might have bought it from outlets, they'll be able to get a refund, I expect.
"Had we had been able to have our second headliner and make our second announcement, I think we wouldn't have had any issues with [the festival]. And it wasn't for the fact of not being able to attract the artists, I guess we were victims of certain artists' circumstances or what have you. I think the Australian festival market is still very strong.
"Obviously we love our fan base and we try to do what's best for them. And we could have taken the option of limping through with the lineup as we have [it] now. It still would have obviously been a much better financial outcome for us than to go through the road we have — but we just didn’t want to put an inferior product on the market.
"Revolution was a one-off, but yes, Soundwave 2012 will be back in February and the lineup is massive."
Monday, August 8, 2011
Anthrax's "Worship Music" Rosary Beads
"This album is fucking amazing! Metal album of the year so far! Congratulations. Just killer." - Eddie Trunk (VH1 Classic's That Metal Show)
Many industry taste makers are already labeling Anthrax's new album "Worship Music" as the best record of 2011. The bands 10th studio album drops on September 13: the day before the band plays The Big 4 show at Yankee Stadium. "Worship Music" also marks the return of Joey Belladonna on vocals, who is singing with Anthrax for the first time since 1990's "Persistence of Time". What a way for the band to celebrate its 30th anniversary!
Today the band released the following news:
Anthrax is making sure that you'll never lose your religion. The band, in support of "Worship Music", the first new Anthrax album in eight years and first with vocalist Joey Belladonna since 1990, is making a limited number of glow-in-the-dark Anthrax Rosary Beads available at local independent record stories beginning today for only $1 - visit www.recordstoreday.com to find a store close to you.
If that isn't enough, your One Buck not only gets you this divine bauble, but you'll also get a link to download "The Devil You Know," the first single from Worship Music.
But hold on, there's more. When Worship Music is released on September 13, take your rosary beads back to the store where you purchased them and you'll receive $1 off a copy of Worship Music.
Everyone say "Amen," and Worship Music with Anthrax.
Visit www.recordstoreday.com to find a store close to you
Click here to Download "Fight'em 'til You Can't."
Anthrax Official Site
Anthrax on MySpace
Anthrax on Twitter
Brought to you by HornsUpRocks.com at 4:00 PM No comments:
Labels: anthrax worship music" "scott ian" "charlie benante" "frank belllo" "joey belladonna" "Rob Caggiano" "horns up rocks" "big 4" "thrash metal" "heavy metal" "free download" " "rosary beads"
GWAR Announce North American Headlining Tour!
This Fall, the scariest band of the planet, GWAR, is ready to decimate North America once again! After completing a successful run through Europe, in which they destroyed various Summer festivals and also headlined numerous shows, GWAR is ready to spew all of you with some hard hitting vulgar music!
The tour kicks off October 18th at in Charlotte, NC and will cross North America wrapping up November 27th in New Haven, CT. Providing direct support on the tour will be Buffalo New York's Every Time I Die. Ghoul will open the first half of the tour and Warbeast will be opening the second half. A complete list of tour dates is listed below.
"Once again we blow the mighty horn of war, and summon the most fanatical fans in Metal history to pay homage to their brutal overlords, us. Between holding Crack-a-Thon's, having GWAR-B-Q's, you might think that your Lords and Masters had forgotten about you...but you won't get off that easy! GWAR is returning to personally slap the teeth out of your collective mouths, and have a great time while doing it!" - Oderus Urungus
GWAR on tour with Every Time I Die, Ghoul and Warbeast:
- 10/18 Charlotte, NC @ Amos' Southend
- 10/19 Norfolk, VA @ The NorVa
- 10/20 Washington, DC @ 9:30 Club
- 10/21 Worcester, MA @ The Palladium
- 10/22 Clifton Park, NY @ Northern Lights
- 10/23 New York, NY @ Irving Plaza
- 10/24 Cleveland, OH @ House of Blues
- 10/25 Toronto, ON @ Phoenix Concert Theatre
- 10/26 Grand Rapids, MI @ The Intersection
- 10/28 Milwaukee, WI @ The Rave
- 10/29 Detroit, MI @ Harpo's
- 10/30 Indianapolis, IN @ The Vogue
- 10/31 Chicago, IL @ House of Blues
- 11/01 Sauget, IL @ Pop's
- 11/02 Minneapolis, MN @ First Avenue
- 11/04 Edmonton, AB @ Edmonton Event Centre
- 11/05 Calgary, AB @ MacEwan Hall Ballroom
- 11/07 Vancouver, BC @ Commodore Ballroom
- 11/08 Seattle, WA @ Showbox SoDo
- 11/09 Portland, OR @ Roseland Theatre
- 11/11 San Francisco, CA @ The Regency Ballroom
- 11/12 West Hollywood, CA @ House of Blues
- 11/13 Pomona, CA @ Glasshouse
- 11/14 Tempe, AZ @ Marquee Theatre
- 11/15 Albuquerque, NM @ Sunshine Theater
- 11/16 Denver, CO @ The Summit Music Hall
- 11/18 Austin, TX @ East Side Drive In
- 11/19 Dallas, TX @ House of Blues
- 11/20 Houston, TX @ House of Blues
- 11/21 New Orleans, LA @ The Hangar
- 11/22 Atlanta, GA @ Masquerade
- 11/23 Tampa, FL @ Green Iguana Stadium
- 11/25 Raleigh, NC @ Lincoln Theatre
- 11/26 Philadelphia, PA @ Electric Factory
- 11/27 New Haven, CT @ Toad's Place
GWAR on YouTube
GWAR on Metal Blade TV
GWAR on Facebook
GWAR on MySpace
GWAR in Japan
Trivium "In Waves" Track-by-Track Breakdown with Matt Heafy!
Here is Matt Heafy's track-by-track breakdown, courtesy of Alternative Press.
- "Capsizing The Sea":
This track was built off the bridge guitar riff of the middle of "In Waves." One day, [bassist] Paolo [Gregoletto] mentioned that I should record that bridge section, on a clean tone, onto a new blank track. At first, I didn't understand the purpose. But eventually, after layering some of the bridge parts, we added the chorus riff of "In Waves" on top.
The next thing that occurred was us layering tons of different guitars with different tones and tunings, all [of which were] playing the theme of the song. The "war drums" were [created by using] drum sticks wrapped in napkins and duct tape beating down on flipped-over kick drums and toms. The snare and stick-click percussion was laid on top—[and] finally, the distorted, out-of-tune, real piano [was added] on top.
- "In Waves":
This song's initial demo form was brought up to us by Paolo. By this point, we had tracks like "Built" and "Inception,” but nothing like "In Waves." This song was the turning point for the album. From that original demo and the many variations to come, we were able to branch off and create what eventually became the song. This was intentionally displayed worldwide first to show people they were getting something unexpected.
- "Inception Of The End":
"Inception" has been around since the Slipknot support tour Trivium did. The main verse riff was originally a pre-chorus lodged into a rather tech-y, thrash-y song. When I showed the song to everyone, eyes lit up on the part that eventually became the verse of the track. "Inception" has gone through maybe 5 to 10 or so changes in structure, lyrics and delivery combined. It has definitely turned into something very familiar Trivium, but with a whole new flare.
- "Dusk Dismantled":
"Dusk" is a song whose final lyrics weren't fully realized until shortly before the recording process. This song came from the ashes of several other songs of the collective In Waves bunch—up to 40 songs at one point—and ended up being one of the most intense songs on the album.
- "Watch The World Burn":
"World" was the final full-band song written for the album. The album was constantly at a state of being pushed back, due to unforeseen circumstances. This was not an easy thing for us to stomach while being so ready to start the album up: At one point, we were prepared to fully do the album ourselves just to get it done. Thankfully, due to all the waiting, we were able to work on the songs a lot more, and also create "World." This song has one of the most open verses we've ever had musically, and it fuses seamlessly into the rest of the album.
With "Black," we pulled out an old riff from an unused song, which is a rarity for Trivium to do, and it worked out perfectly. The chorus of "Black" is actually what was intended to be the original verse part of "Shattering," off the God Of War III album. This track is easily one of the heaviest songs on the record, while still utilizing almost no screaming.
- "A Skyline's Severance":
"Skyline" is a song that has been getting a ton of great feedback via the album's leak. In Waves leaked about a week before the actual release, which is actually a record. Most bands leak two, two-and-a-half weeks before release. People have quoted this song as being one of the heaviest Trivium songs to date.
- "Built To Fall":
"Built To Fall" encompasses everything that is In Waves. This song has melody—musically and vocally, rhythmically and thematically. The song will be the next video [from the album], and it will be the next consecutive video in the story-line based videos that will be across all of In Waves.
- "Caustic Are The Ties That Bind":
A song that was almost cut at multiple points, the final version of "Caustic" is something really remarkable. The outer parts of the song encompass all that is Trivium. However, tucked away in the middle of “Caustic” is another song. The clean, building middle section breaks down into one of the most simplistic guitar and vocal things Trivium has done, while still capturing immense melody and emotion.
- "Forsake Not The Dream":
One of the oldest songs on the album, this track's potential wasn't fully realized until [we were] actually in the studio, whereas several of the other tracks were pretty much complete in song organization before recording. “Forsake" musically hasn't changed too much from the demo versions, but it was all in the delivery as far as the song went.
- "Chaos Reigns":
Absolutely one of the most intense songs on the album. You'd expect something with a title like this to be musically chaotic, but again, simplicity was king on this track. It’s catchy without using one second of clean vocals. The recording of this song was a turning point for the vocals on the album.
- "Of All These Yesterdays":
This was the hardest song on the album to arrange and record vocals to. Musically, we had the parts down from the very beginning, but with a song like this, variations in structure are endless. So it was quite the challenge to find the final structure. Five to ten revisions of structure, and two-and-a-half complete re-records of the vocals make this song clock in with the most hours of work put in. It’s one of the most significant songs on the album.
- "Leaving This World Behind":
A perfect end to the album. We used the middle of "Dusk," pulled out instrumentally and then I yelled old lyrics/poetry that seemed to capture the vibe of the outro of the album.
- Aug 09, 2011 at Zoo Amphitheatre in Oklahoma City. OK US
- Aug 10, 2011 at Gexa Energy Pavilion in Dallas. TX US
- Aug 11, 2011 at Fire in Jackson. MS US
- Aug 12, 2011 at Aaron's Amphitheatre At Lakewood in Atlanta. GA US
- Aug 13, 2011 at 1-800 ASK GARY Amphitheatre in Tampa. FL US
- Aug 14, 2011 at Cruzan Amphitheatre in West Palm Beach. FL US
- Sep 24, 2011 at Warfield Theatre in San Francisco. CA US (with Dream Theater)
- Sep 25, 2011 at Nokia Theatre in Los Angeles. CA US (with Dream Theater)
- Sep 27, 2011 at Showbox SoDo in Seattle. WA US (with Dream Theater)
- Sep 28, 2011 at Queen Elizabeth Theatre in Vancouver. BC CA (with Dream Theater)
- Oct 03, 2011 at Royal Oak Music Theatre in Royal Oak. MI US
- Oct 04, 2011 at Trib Total Media Amphitheatre in Pittsburgh. PA US (with Dream Theater)
- Oct 06, 2011 at Massey Hall in Toronto. ONT CA (with Dream Theater)
- Oct 07, 2011 at Place des Arts in Montreal. QUE CA (with Dream Theater)
- Oct 08, 2011 at Pavilion de la Jeunesse in Quebec. QUE CA (with Dream Theater)
- Oct 10, 2011 at Orpheum Theatre in Boston. MA US (with Dream Theater)
- Oct 11, 2011 at Mayo Center For The Performing Arts in Morristown. NJ US (with Dream Theater)
- Oct 12, 2011 at Beacon Theatre in New York. NY US (with Dream Theater)
- Oct 15, 2011 at Loud Park Festival at Super Arena in Jp Tokyo JP
- Oct 22, 2011 at Ruth Eckerd Hall in Clearwater. FL US
- Oct 25, 2011 at Verizon Wireless Theatre in Houston. TX US (with Dream Theater)
- Oct 26, 2011 at Bass Concert Hall in Austin. TX US (with Dream Theater)
- Nov 18, 2011 at Hovet in Stockholm SE
- Nov 19, 2011 at Scandinavium in Gothenburg SE
- Nov 21, 2011 at Arena in Ludwigsburg DE
- Nov 22, 2011 at Stadthalle in Offenbach. HES DE
- Nov 23, 2011 at Zenith in Munich. BAY DE
- Nov 25, 2011 at Turbinenhalle in Oberhausen. NW DE
- Nov 26, 2011 at Sporthalle in Hamburg. HAM DE
- Nov 27, 2011 at AB Club in Brussels BE
- Nov 28, 2011 at Olympia in Paris FR
- Nov 30, 2011 at 013 in Tilburg NL
- Dec 01, 2011 at Guildhall in Southampton UK
- Dec 02, 2011 at Civic Hall in Wolverhampton UK
- Dec 03, 2011 at Academy in Manchester UK
- Dec 04, 2011 at Brixton Academy in London UK
- Dec 06, 2011 at Academy in Glasgow UK
- Dec 07, 2011 at Academy in Newcastle UK
- Dec 08, 2011 at Pavilions in Plymouth UK
Here is the exclusive interview we did with Corey and Paolo Gregoletto from Trivum at these years Rockstar Energy Mayhem Festival!
The Horns Up Rocks Recap of Mayhemfest in Hartford Connecticut
Idle Hands Bar
No Remission are Climbing "Through Blackened Skies" & Reaching for the Stars!
When we first heard No Remission's new album titled "Through Blackened Skies" (Produced by Billy Graziadei from Biohazard), our first question was "why is this band not out touring the entire country?" Not only did they write an amazing album, but whenever they get on stage they know exactly what to do to make everyone lose their minds. Vocalist/guitarist Will Checchi commands the stage with his ear piercing vocals and impressive guitar skills. There is no question that he is one of the most talented and versatile musicians in the New York City Heavy Music Scene. But lets not forget the rest of the band, guitarist Kurt Balogh is a perfect match to Checchi's shredding and their rhythm section is tighter than a boxing glove. Haven't seen them live yet? Well, we are joining forces with them on November 19th for a Metallic Thanksgiving throw-down! More details to be announced soon!
- Vital Statistics:
- Will Checchi (Guitar/Vocals)
- Kurt Balogh (Guitar)
- Greg Perlman (Drums)
- Dan Paprocki (Bass)
\m/ YEAR OF FORMATION: 2004
\m/ ORIGIN: Long Island, New York
\m/ MISSION: To stimulate all of your senses through Heavy Hard hitting music that will make you headbang out of control!
Read the Horns Up Rocks review of No Remission's "Through Blackened Skies"
NEW No Remission Website
No Remission on Reverbnation
No Remission on MySpace
Subscribe to: Posts (Atom)