DISCLAIMER: Horns Up Rocks does not consciously breach any copyright regulations. If you are a holder and would like something to be removed from our site, please email us at email@example.com and we will gladly oblige.
Saturday, February 11, 2012
Norwegian avantgarde metallers BORKNAGAR are now premiering their first single off their much anticipated new studio album, 'Urd' (due out March 26th in Europe and March 27th in North America), via Decibel.com. Go check out the enthralling track "Roots" at the link below.
"In regards to the depth, diversity and magnitude of our new album, 'Urd', it almost feels painful to slice off just a tiny bit of the bloody roast for the very first official 'starter'. I would argue that each and every song on the new album stands on solid ground, but as usual with our music, the songs empower each other in the context of a full album.
That said, 'Roots' is probably the song on the album that gives you the most representative impression of 'Urd'. Musically it contains most of the elements that framework the musical universe of BORKNAGAR, and lyrically this song is gnawing on the very spine of our lyrical tradition. Hope you enjoy this song, the first tiny glimpse into our new opus. The beast is about to be unleashed..."
The album's artwork was designed by Brazilian artist Marcelo Vasco (www.P2RDESIGN.com), who has not only already worked on the band's previous Universal release, but also with artists such as SOULFLY, BELPHEGOR, EINHERJER, and KEEP OF KALESSIN. The mixing duties for the album were taken care of by Jens Bogren at Sweden's Fascination Street Studios (OPETH, PARADISE LOST, KATATONIA, etc.).
The track-listing for the album is below.
3. The Beauty Of Dead Cities
4. The Earthling
5. The Plains Of Memories
6. Mount Regency
8. The Winter Eclipse
9. In A Deeper World
- Øystein G. Brun: Clean & Electric Guitars (Cronian, ex-Molested)
- Vintersorg: Grim Vocals, Clean Vocals & Choirs (Vintersorg, Fission)
- Lars A. Nedland: Keys, Clean Vocals & Choirs (Solefald, ex-Carpathian Forest)
- Jens F. Ryland: Lead Guitars (ICS Vortex)
- ICS Vortex: Bass, Clean Vocals & Choirs (ex-Dimmu Burgir, Arcturus, ICS Vortex)
Drums and percussion on 'Urd' were performed by David Kinkade (Soulfly, ex-Malevolent Creation)
BORKNAGAR Live 2012:
- 4/4-7: Oslo (Norway) - Inferno Festival
- 4/13-14 - Lichtenfels (Germany) - Ragnarök Festival
Click here to listen to Borknagar's "Roots"
Official Site of Borknagar
Borknagar on MySpace
Borknagar on Facebook
Century Media Records
Join Horns Up Rocks tonight for our second anniversary bash at the "World Famous" Duff's Brooklyn! Additionally, we will also be celebrating the 2012 Super Bowl Champs: THE NEW YORK FOOTBALL GIANTS!
Horns Up Rocks was established in February of 2010, with the mission of uniting the Heavy Music fans and to celebrate our lifestyles.
Here are all the details:
When? TONIGHT: Saturday, February 11 2011 at 9:00pm!
Where? Duff's Alcohol Abuse Center, 168 Marcy Avenue Brooklyn, NY(JMZ Trains to Marcy Ave)
Click here to RSVP
Come throw your Horns Up and Rock with us all night long! And as always, thanks so much for raising the Horns way UP! \m/
Click here to RSVP
Friday, February 10, 2012
Check this out! Dino Cazares, the guitarist from Industrial Metallers Fear Factory has just updated the fans of the band about the status of the NEW Fear Factory album entitled 'The Industrialist'.
"We are done tracking for the new FF and we already started mixing "THE INDUSTRIALIST", posted Cazares on his Facebook page.
'The Industrialist' is tentatively scheduled to be released in late April in the U.S. via Candlelight Records, while the worldwide release will be handled by AFM Records.
Get excited, and stay tuned for more updates!
To show their support for the Occupy movement and to provide fans with the latest news about their politically-charged Utilitarian, NAPALM DEATH launched an "Occupy Napalm" Facebook tab with downloadable Occupy-themed stencils and screensavers, plus a special video teaser for the album created by Mitch Harris (guitar, vocals). This Facebook tab is the place to go for everything NAPALM DEATH, so go Occupy Napalm now!
The band also just released the second part of their amazing Utilitarian track-by-track series. In this video, Barney guides you through the next four songs on the album: "The Wolf I Feed", "Quarantined", "Fall On Their Swords", and "Collision Course". In addition to featuring an explanation of the meaning behind each song, this track-by-track is also spiced-up with audio samples of all the new album songs that Barney refers to. Click here to see this second installment of Utilitarian track-by-tracks.
The band is already confirmed to play the 2012 editions of Wacken Open Air (Germany), Hellfest (France), Maryland Deathfest (USA), and several shows from late January onwards, including a special record release show in Birmingham on February 25th. Check the dates below to see when Napalm Death will be coming to a city near you!
Napalm Death live 2012:
- 2/25: Birmingham - Record Release Show @ HMV Institute (Great Britain)
- 3/2: Tilburg - Neurotic Deathfest (Netherlands)
- 3/4: Paris - Maroquinerie (France)
- 3/31: Enschede - Atak (Netherlands)
- 4/4: Blios - Chatodo (France)
- 4/5: Castres - Bolegason (France)
- 4/6: Rambouillet - Usine a Chapeaux (France)
- 4/7: St Brieuc - Citrouille (France)
- 4/27: Lausanne - Les Docks (Switzerland)
- 4/28: Bari - Demode' Club (Italy)
- 4/29: Livorno - The Cage Teather (Italy)
- 5/11: Magdeburg - Factory (Germany)
- 5/12: Essen - Zeche Carl (Germany)
- 5/24-27: Sonar-Baltimore - Maryland Deathfest (USA)
- 6/1: Barcelona - Primavera Sound (Spain)
- 6/15: Clisson - Hellfest (France)
- 7/27: Bertingen - Rock unter den Eichen Open Air (Germany)
- 7/28: Essen - Nord Open Air Festival (Germany)
- 8/2-4: Wacken - Wacken Open Air (Germany)
Click here to listen to Napalm Death's NEW song "Leper Colony" (courtesy of Brooklyn Vegan)
New York City Thrashers Anthrax, had a very bittersweet run on their recent co-headlining tour with Testament. The very successful tour, which also featured Death Angel, came to an end this past Wednesday (February 8) in New York City.
After a lot of blood, sweat and tears, the Anthrax boys performed an emotional set in front of over 2,000 headbangers. The highlight of Anthrax's set was the return of drummer Charlie Benante and bassist Frankie Bello to the stage. The two men were forced to leave the tour to come home after Charlie's mother (who is Frankie's grandmother) passed away.
Once again, Anthrax presented a handful of NEW songs from their critically acclaimed album 'Worship Music', as well as classic Anthrax songs like "Caught In A Mosh", "Indians", "Madhouse", "I Am The Law, "Antisocial", and even "Medusa". The hometown crowd received the band with arms wide open, and jammed to every note that came out of this legendary band!
But lets not dare forgetting the mighty Testament and the bad asses in Death Angel! To say that these two bands fueled the crowd up for Anthrax is an understatement.
Testament brought their furious flavorful Thrash Metal to New York City, which they hadn't visited in years. While the band wasn't planning on touring until after the release of their upcoming NEW album 'The Dark Roots Of Earth' (set to be released in late April/early May), they couldn't pass on the opportunity of being part of one of the best tour package in years.
Chuck Billy and company stepped on stage with a lot of might, and didn't stop making the pit shake out of control until the very end of their set. They definitely had the crowd on their feet! The highlight during Testament's set was once again the performance of drummer Gene Hoglan. At the end of the bands set, the crowd was left wanting more Testament music.
Opening the show were Bay Area Trashers Death Angel, a band who has way too much awesome music for such a short set! Yes, they were the opening band but they could have gotten a longer set. Regardless of the shortness of their set, the band got most of the room moshing uncontrollably. If you didn't get to see them this time around, they will be on tour with Sepultura, Krisiun and Havok! Click here to see those tour dates.
Photo credit: Derek Soto from Sinestra Studios (Like them on Facebook)!
Wow! We came across this article on Tyrany Of Tradition.com (written by Keith Spillett) and HAD to share it with all of you. Please leave your comments below.
Here are some excerpts from the article.
Rick Santorum has been on the offensive lately, but his target has not been Republican front-runner Mitt Romney or even President Barack Obama. For the past week, Santorum has been using his campaign to take aim at an issue he feels to be the single most dangerous force in America today: Satanism in Heavy Metal.
“If you listen to the radio today, many of these brand new, so-called Heavy Metal music bands like Black Sabbath, Venom, The WASP and Iron Maiden use satanic imagery to corrupt the minds of young people,” announced Santorum at a 10,000 dollar a plate sock-hop in Valdosta, Georgia on Thursday.
In the past, Santorum has accused Heavy Metal of being the cause of some of the worst crimes in American history including the attempt on the life of Ronald Reagan in 1981, 9/11 and the passage of Obama’s Health Care Bill. He stepped up his rhetoric in a speech on Wednesday when he implied that Heavy Metal is the cause of many forms of mental illness as well as lactose intolerance.
In response to Santorum’s Metal onslaught, Mitt Romney officially denounced his earlier position of “tolerance towards all fans of extreme music”. This, in spite of the fact that GWAR played his inauguration as governor of Massachusetts back in 2003. But things have changed since 2003 and embracing Heavy Metal music is about as popular selling baby organs on Ebay or clubbing seals. Romney will need to begin pretending to be something else if he plans on facing Obama in the general election in November.
Click here to read the entire article
Swiss new wave folk Metal superstars, Eluveitie, are set to release a NEW album entitled 'Helvetios' in North America on February 28th via Nuclear Blast Records. Eluveitie will unleash its fourth studio album in the midst of the North American portion of the band’s “Helvetios World Tour". Eluveitie will take the stage in the US and Canada this winter as direct support to the mighty, Children of Bodom, on COB’s “15th Anniversary” tour. A list of tour dates can be found below.
Today, the band unleashed a video preview which showcases their NEW Album 'Helvetios'! Check it out!
5. Santonian Shores
6. Scorched Earth
7. Meet The Enemy
9. A Rose For Epona
11. The Uprising
13. The Siege
Eluveitie with Children of Bodom, Revocation and Threat Signal:
- Feb. 10: The Complex – Salt Lake City, UT
- Feb. 11: The Knitting Factory – Boise, ID
- Feb. 13: Yost Theatre – Santa Ana, CA
- Feb. 14: House of Blues – San Diego, CA
- Feb. 15: The Marquee Theatre – Tempe, AZ
- Feb. 16: Sunshine Theater – Albuquerque, NM
- Feb. 18: Tricky Falls – El Paso, TX
- Feb. 19: The Pavilion – Lubbock, TX
- Feb. 21: Emo’s – Austin, TX
- Feb. 22: Warehouse Live – Houston, TX
- Feb. 24: Expo Five – Louisville, KY
- Feb. 25: Peabody’s – Cleveland, OH
- Feb. 26: Sound Academy – Toronto, ON – CANADA
- Feb. 27: Metropolis – Montreal, QC – CANADA
- Feb. 28: Maverick’s – Ottawa, ON – CANADA (ELUVEITIE HEADLINING w/ LOCALS)
- Feb. 29: Imperial de Quebec – Quebec City, QC – CANADA
- Mar. 01: Webster Theatre – Hartford, CT
- Mar. 02: Paramount Theater – Huntington, NY
- Mar. 03: Starland Ballroom – Sayreville, NJ
- Mar. 04: Ram’s Head Live – Baltimore, MD
Kay Brem – bass
Chrigel Glanzmann – vocals, mandola, whistles, pipes, gaita, acoustic guitar, bodhrán
Ivo Henzi – rhythm guitar
Patrick Kistler – bagpipes, whistles
Simeon Koch – lead guitar, vocals
Anna Murphy – hurdy gurdy, vocals
Merlin Sutter – drums
Meri Tadic – violin, vocals
Official Site of Eluveitie
Eluveitie on Facebook
Eluveitie on Twitter
Eluveitie on YouTube
Eluveitie on MySpace
Members Of SUICIDE SILENCE & DARKEST HOUR Discuss "The Eighth Plague Tour" With MACHINE HEAD - Hilarious Video Interview Available!
Machine Head, Suicide Silence and Darkest Hour are currently destroying venues all over North America! Their collective promise of reducing venues to piles of rubble and dust during “The Eighth Plague” tour, has definitely been kept so far.
Click here to read our show review and to check out some more BADASS pictures
Prior to the start of the show, we ran into the Metal "twins"! No, not Megan and Stacy, we are talking about the lost brothers Mark Heylmun from Suicide Silence and Mike Carrigan from Darkest hour! During the hilarious interview, Mark and Mike talked about their current touring run with Machine Head and how their bands are setting themselves apart from the rest. They also discussed their bands future plans! Watch it now, laugh out loud, and spread it like a disease!
When it comes to bass players that have created a NEW style of playing that has influenced millions of bass players in the past, the present, and the future. Metallica's Cliff Burton is the guy to point the finger at when it comes to bass playing in Hard Rock and Heavy Metal. His unique style and precision have been instrumental in the evolution of Heavy Music.
Here are some facts about the great Cliff Burton:
- Cliff was born on February 10, 1969 in Alameda County, California.
- His musical career began at a young age when his father introduced him to classical music.
- The first instrument that Cliff learned was the piano. After many years of playing the piano, Cliff discovered Rock and eventually Heavy Metal.
- When he was only 13 years old his brother died in a tragic accident, this inspired Cliff to start playing the bass guitar. His parents quoted him saying: "I'm going to be the best bassist for my brother."
- In order to make his brother proud, Cliff would practice up to 6 hours a day, which didn't stop after he joined Metallica. Many say that Cliff's style was fundamental in the rise of Metallica to Heavy Metal stardom, here are some facts about Cliff Burton:
- Classical music and Jazz were instrumental in the development of Cliff as a musician, other influences of Cliff were Southern Rock, Country Music and Blues.
- The artists that influenced Cliff as a bass player were: Geezer Butler of Black Sabbath/Heaven and Hell, Blue Öyster Cult, Misfits, John Deacon of Queen, Phil Lynott of Thin Lizzy, and Geddy Lee of Rush.
- This is Cliff's discography, as you will see he was part of the best Metallica albums ever, which are also some of the best Heavy Metal records of all time:
* Kill 'Em All (1983)
* Ride the Lightning (1984)
* Master of Puppets (1986)
* No Life 'Til Leather (1982) (credited but does not play)
* Megaforce (1983)
* Ride the Lightning (1983)
* Master of Puppets (1985)
They say that only the good die young; this is definitely the case when it comes to Cliff Burton, who died in September 27, 1986 on a fatal bus crash in Sweden while Metallica was on tour in support of their classic record "Master Of Puppets". Today would have been Cliff Burton's 49th birthday. Wherever Cliff is, we are sure he is jamming and keeping the spirit of Heavy Music alive. \m/
Official Site of Metallica
Thrash Metal legends ANTHRAX are already in Argentina and are ready to make their maniacal South American fans worship music! The band concluded their North American tour this week after a lot of mishaps, with a hometown show in which the entire lineup showed up to jam their souls out. In case you didn't hear, drummer Charlie Benante and bassist Frank Bello (who is Charlie's nephew) missed several shows on the tour in order to spend time with Charlie's mother, who was terminally ill. On February 4, Benante informed fans via his Official web site that his mother passed away.
Benante has decided to stay home with his family and as a result he wont be part of the bands Argentinean tour. Jason Bittner from SHADOWS FALL will be filling in for Charlie at the following shows:
- Feb. 11: Cordoba, Argentina at Cosquin Rock
- Feb. 13: Buenos Aires, Argentina at Malvinas
VAN HALEN's NEW album, 'A Different Kind of Truth', was released this past Tuesday (February 7) via Interscope Records. The day after their highly anticipate release, VAN HALEN performed a final dress rehearsal in preparation for their upcoming North American tour which kicks off Feb 18th in Louisville, Kentucky.
This “Friends and Family” event was held at the Forum in Los Angeles for a few thousand of their closest friends. A lot of great Rock N' Roll was packed into their tight 70-minute performance. The set list for last night is shown here, but the actual tour’s set list will contain more songs, as their shows are always closer to two hours. The only solo during the night was Eddie Van Halen’s guitar solo, which clearly showed the die hard fans in attendance that Eddie is BACK and playing even better than he did during the band’s last tour in 2007-2008.
SLASH tweeted after the dress rehearsal: “Van Halen was killer tonight at the Forum. Eddie was brilliant. So amazing to hear/watch.”
Set List (*= from A Different Kind Of Truth):
- You Really Got Me
- Runnin’ With The Devil
- She’s The Woman*
- Somebody Get Me A Doctor
- Everybody Wants Some!!
- Beautiful Girls
- Ice Cream Man
- China Town*
- Dance The Night Away
- Hot For Teacher
- Blood & Fire*
- Eddie’s Guitar Solo
In celebration of the first VAN HALEN album in 14 years, a NEW video interview has surfaced featuring VAN HALEN's vocalist David Lee Roth interviewing Eddie and Alex Van Halen!
As part of a site takeover with ESPN, you can now listen to six NEW tracks here.
'A Different Kind Of Truth' track listing:
02. She's The Woman
03. You and Your Blues
04. China Town
05. Blood and Fire
07. As Is
09. The Trouble With Never
10. Outta Space
11. Stay Frosty
12. Big River
13. Beats Workin'
Upcoming tour dates:
- Feb. 18: Louisville, KY @ KFC Yum! Center
- Feb. 20: Auburn Hills, MI - The Palace Of Auburn Hills
- Feb. 22: Indianapolis, IN - Bankers Life Fieldhouse
- Feb. 24: Chicago, IL - United Center
- Feb. 28: New York, NY - Madison Square Garden
- Mar. 01: New York, NY - Madison Square Garden
- Mar. 03: Uncasville, CT - Mohegan Arena
- Mar. 05: Philadelphia, PA - Wells Fargo Center
- Mar. 09: Buffalo, NY - First Niagara Center
- Mar. 11: Boston, MA - TD Garden
- Mar. 15: Montreal, QCBell Centre
- Mar. 17: Toronto, ON - Air Canada Centre
- Mar. 21: Ottawa, ON - Scotiabank Place
- Mar. 24: Atlantic City, NJ - Atlantic City Boardwalk Hall
- Mar. 28: Washington, DC - Verizon Center
- Mar. 30: Pittsburgh, PA - Consol Energy Center
- Apr. 01: Rosemont, IL - Allstate Arena
- Apr. 10: Sunrise, FL - BankAtlantic Center
- Apr. 12: Tampa, FL - Tampa Bay Times Forum
- Apr. 14: Orlando, FL - Amway Center
- Apr. 16: Jacksonville, FL - Jacksonville Veterans Mem. Arena
- Apr. 19: Atlanta, GA - Philips Arena
- Apr. 21: Greensboro, NC - Greensboro Coliseum Complex
- Apr. 25: Charlotte, NC - Time Warner Cable Arena
- Apr. 27: Nashville, TN - Bridgestone Arena
- May 01: Tulsa, OK - BOK Center
- May 05: Tacoma, WA - Tacoma Dome
- May 07: Vancouver, BC - Rogers Arena
- May 09: Calgary, AB - Scotiabank Saddledome
- May 11: Edmonton, AB - Rexall Place
- May 17: Winnipeg, MB - MTS Centre
- May 19: Saint Paul, MN - Xcel Energy Center
- May 22: Kansas City, MO - Sprint Center
- May 24: Denver, CO - Pepsi Center
- May 27: Las Vegas, NV - MGM Grand Garden Arena
- Jun. 01: Los Angeles, CA - Staples Center
- Jun. 03: Oakland, CA - Oracle Arena
- Jun. 05: San Jose, CA - HP Pavilion At San Jose
- Jun. 12: Anaheim, CA - Honda Center
- Jun. 14: San Diego, CA - Viejas Arena
- Jun. 16: Phoenix, AZ - US Airways Center
- Jun. 20: Dallas, TX - American Airlines Center
- Jun. 22: San Antonio, TX - AT&T Center
- Jun. 24: Houston, TX - Toyota Center
- Jun. 26: New Orleans, LA - New Orleans Arena
Support on select dates will come from Kool & The Gang. VIP packages will be handled by VIPNation.com.
Thursday, February 9, 2012
Guitarists Rob Arnold and Matt DeVries took the Heavy Music world by storm when they decided to quit CHIMAIRA late last year to SIX FEET UNDER as touring musicians. Today, it was announced that DeVries has left the Floridean Metallers to pursue other musical endeavors.
The band will be announcing within the next few months who will become their permanent bassist. At current time SIX FEET UNDER is mixing their NEW album at Audiohammer Studios in Sanford, Florida with producer Mark Lewis (THE BLACK DAHLIA MURDER, WHITECHAPEL, DEVILDRIVER, TRIVIUM). What can people expect?
"The music is gonna be, really, kind of an accelerated version of what we were doing before — faster-paced, more interesting time signatures as well as really wild choruses and some heavy vocals," commented frontman Chris Barnes. "I think people are really gonna be interested in this album. It's something different, but it's something the same. The feel of it is SIX FEET UNDER, but we've pushed it and added some horsepower."
SIX FEET UNDER's touring lineup:
* Chris Barnes (CANNIBAL CORPSE) - Vocals
* Rob Arnold (CHIMAIRA) - Guitar
* Kevin Talley (DAATH, MISERY INDEX, CHIMAIRA) - Drums
* Steve Swanson - Guitar
Stay tuned for more details!
Six Feet Under's Official Site
Today, Gene Hoglan is one of the most wanted drummers in Heavy Metal! In recent years, he has been busy at work with Industrial Metallers FEAR FACTORY. When guitarist Dino Cazares rejoined the band that he founded in 1982, Hoglan was called in to replace drummer Raymond Herrera. Together with Burton C. Bell (vocalist), Dino Cazares and Byron Stroud (bassist), who Hoglan's bandmate in Strapping Young Lad, they created 'Mechanized' (one of the best albums of 2010).
While Hoglan is still listed as the drummer for FEAR FACTORY, yesterday we asked him if he recorded drums on the NEW Fear Factory album 'The Industrialist' (slated to be released in late April via Candlelight Records). We also asked him if he plans on joining legendary Thrash Metallers TESTAMENT full time, whom with he recorded their upcoming album entitled 'The Dark Roots Of Earth' (set to be released in late April/early May via Nuclear Blast Records) and played drums on most of their recent series of tours with ANTHRAX and DEATH ANGEL. Here is what he had to say about his future.
"Right now I am taking things day by day. Sometimes you really have to be careful with what you wish for."
When we recently spoke with TESTAMENT's frontman Chuck Billy, we asked him what the bands drummer situation is. Here is what he had to say about this:
"We'd like him (Gene Hoglan) to be, but I think right now we're just taking it tour by tour. We don't know yet. We just kind of unexpectedly had to do this tour before the record came out, so we haven't really thought about it yet."
Whither Gene Hoglan stays with FEAR FACTORY or rejoins TESTAMENT remains to be seen. In our opinion it would make sense for him to rejoin TESTAMENT since he recorded their NEW album 'The Dark Roots Of Earth', but we all know that any drummer would love to play with FEAR FACTORY. Needless to say, this will be a hard decision for Hoglan to make. Stay tuned for more information!
Official Site of Gene Hoglan
Gene Hoglan on MySpace
TeraBrite on Facebook
Tumblr Page Of Juliet's Mom
As you probably heard, MESHUGGAH’s eighth studio album, 'KOLOSS', will be released in North America on March 27th. The North American deluxe digi-pak version will include a bonus DVD. Yesterday, the band announced their first leg of their North American tour in support of 'KOLOSS' (a list of tourdates is available below). Today is a great day, why? Well, you can listen to a NEW MESHUGGAH song right now!
iamaleak by gregoriev_suckalotsky
Track listing for Meshuggah's 'KOLOSS':
01. I Am Colossus
02. The Demon's Name Is Surveillance
03. Do Not Look Down
04. Behind The Sun
05. The Hurt That Finds You First
07. Break Those Bones Whose Sinews Gave It Motion
10. The Last Vigil
“The Ophidian Trek” tour dates with BARONESS & DECAPITATED:
4/29/12 House of Blues - Houston, TX
4/30/12 House of Blues - Dallas, TX
5/01/12 Emo’s - Austin, TX
5/03/12 Marquee Theatre - Tempe, AZ
5/04/12 House of Blues - Anaheim, CA
5/05/12 House of Blues - Hollywood, CA
5/06/12 The Fillmore - San Francisco, CA
5/08/12 Commodore Ballroom - Vancouver, BC - CANADA
5/09/12 Showbox Sodo - Seattle, WA
5/11/12 Odgen Theatre - Denver, CO
5/13/12 First Avenue - Minneapolis, MN
5/15/12 House of Blues - Chicago, IL
5/16/12 St. Andrews Hall - Detroit, MI
5/17/12 Sound Academy - Toronto, ON - CANADA
5/18/12 Theatre of the Living Arts - Philadelphia, PA
5/19/12 Palladium - Worcester, MA
5/20/12 Olympia de Montreal - Montreal, QC - CANADA
5/22/12 The Fillmore - Silver Springs, MD
5/23/12 Terminal 5 – New York, NY
KOLOSS can be pre-ordered now from Amazon.com.
Nuclear Blast Streaming Room
Meshuggah's Official Site
Meshuggah on Facebook
Meshuggah on Twitter
Meshuggah on YouTube
Weathermaker Music has announced the date of February 28th as the Official retail release for the CLUTCH double vinyl edition of 'Blast Tyrant'. This 180+ gram expanded vinyl contains 16 songs and includes six mini-posters taken straight from Blast Tyrant's "Atlas of the Invisible World". Each illustrated poster is sized (8.5" x 11") and depicts one of the various characters featured within the 'Blast Tyrant' storyline. Prior to February 28th, the double vinyl edition of 'Blast Tyrant' is exclusively available via Clutch Merch.com.
In CLUTCH tour news the guys are about to confirm a North American Spring Tour. Dates will be announced in the coming weeks. CLUTCH will also be returning to Europe this festival season. The band has been confirmed for the Sonisphere Festival in Madrid Spain on May 26th and the Peace and Love Festival in Borlänge, Sweden on June 29th. Additional festival appearances are expected to be confirmed in the coming weeks.
In other CLUTCH news, you will be hearing CLUTCH music in the mid-season premiere of "The Walking Dead" February 12th on AMC. A sneak preview of the episode is available below. CLUTCH music will also be featured in the soon to be released film "The Baytown Disco" starring Andre Braugher, Billy Bob Thornton, and Eva Longoria. A six minute preview of the film can, featuring CLUTCH music can be also viewed below. And for all you hockey fans, CLUTCH's "Electric Worry" is still the goal music for the Vancouver Canucks. Check it out.
Currently, DevilDriver are taking some time off the road as they prepare to perform at these years South By South West and to headline the second edition of the Metalliance Tour! But if you think the DevilDriver boys are at home scratching their bellies, think again.
"Mike Spreitzer, John Boecklin and myself have begun the process of writing and demoing the 6th DevilDriver album!!! Excited to get it going!!!"
DevilDriver released their fifth album entitled 'Beast' on February 22, 2011 via Roadrunner Records and have sold over 11,000 copies in the United States on its first week of release to debut at position No. 42 on The Billboard 200 chart.
Metalliance Tour, featuring Dying Fetus, DevilDriver, The Faceless, Job For A Cowboy, 3 Inches Of Blood, Impending Doom, and Wretched.
- 3/15: Austin, TX @ SXSW / Scoot Inn
- 3/16: New Orleans, LA @ The Hangar
- 3/17: St Petersburg, FL @ State Theater
- 3/18: Charlotte, NC @ Amos' Southend
- 3/20: Baltimore, MD @ Sonar
- 3/21: New York, NY @ Gramercy Theater
- 3/22: Danvers, MA @ Palace Ballroom
- 3/23: Montreal, QC @ Le National
- 3/24: Toronto, ON @ Opera House
- 3/25: Columbus, OH @ Alrosa Villa
- 3/26: Joliet, IL @ Mojoe's
- 3/27: St Paul, MN @ Station-4
- 3/28: Winnipeg, MB @ Garrick Centre
- 3/29: Regina, SK @ Riddell Centre
- 3/30: Edmonton, AB @ Edmonton Events Centre
- 3/31: Vancouver, BC @ Rickshaw Theater
- 4/01: Seattle, WA @ Studio Seven
- 4/02: Portland, OR @ Hawthorne Theater
- 4/05: Oakland, CA @ The Pound
- 4/06: Hollywood, CA @ The Music Box
- 4/07: Tempe, AZ @ Marquee Theater
- 4/09: Denver, CO @ The Summit Music Hall
- 4/10: Omaha, NE @ Sokol Auditorium
- 4/11: Des Moines, IA @ 7 Flags Event Center
- 4/13: Memphis, TN @ New Daisy Theater
- 4/15: Lawrence, KS @ Granada Theater
- 4/16: Tulsa, OK @ Cain's Ballroom
- 4/19: Dallas, TX @ House Of Blues
- 4/20: Austin, TX @ Emo's East
- 4/21: Houston, TX @ House Of Blues
New Zealand Metallers Legacy of Disorder are about to unleash a kick-ass sophomore release, 'Last Man Standing,' and will soon be taking it to the streets, as they unite with veteran gore Metallists GWAR for a full U.S. tour.
"Legacy Of Disorder are chomping at the bit to get this U.S. tour with headliners Gwar underway," says LoD lead guitarist, Rana Freilich. "We are fully stoked and excited to be included and part of such a cool U.S. tour with such an established band as Gwar Legacy of Disorder is comprised of singer James Robinson, bassist Jason Keill, and drummer Matt Thompson and guitarist Rana Freilich.
Legacy of Disorder is one ferocious live beast when they hit the stage, so it is only fitting that the quartet will be paired with one of the most over-the-top and outrageous live shows out there.
"Being part of this tour will really give us a chance to get our music heard in the U.S.," adds Freilich. "We can't wait to hit the U.S. to throwdown with Gwar throughout North America!"
GWAR With Municipal Waste, Ghoul and Legacy of Disorder:
- 3/16: Richmond, VA @ The National
- 3/17: Millvale, PA @ Mr. Smalls
- 3/18: Sayreville, NJ @ Starland Ballroom
- 3/20: Boston, MA @ Wilbur Theater
- 3/21: So. Burlington, VT @ Higher Ground
- 3/22: Syracuse, NY @ Westcott Theater
- 3/23: Toledo, OH @ The Omni
- 3/24: Lexington, KY @ Buster's Billiards and Backroom
- 3/25: Joliet, IL @ Mojoes
- 3/26: Madison, WI @ Majestic Theater
- 3/27: Des Moines, IA @ People's Court
- 3/28: Tulsa, OK @ Cain's Ballroom
- 3/30: Lincoln, NE @ Bourbon Theater
- 3/31: Boulder, CO @ Fox Theater
- 4/1: Grand Junction, CO @ Mesa Theater & Club
- 4/2: Flagstaff, AZ @ Orpheum Theater
- 4/3: San Diego, CA @ House Of Blues
- 4/4: Ventura, CA @ Majestic Ventura Theater
- 4/5: Chico, CA @ Senator Theater
- 4/6: San Francisco, CA @ The Regency Ballroom
- 4/7: Reno, NV @ Knitting Factory
- 4/9: Las Vegas, NV @ Hard Rock Café
- 4/10: Magna, UT @ The Great Salt Air
- 4/11: Ft. Collins, CO @ Aggie Theater
GWAR With Kylesa, Ghoul and Legacy of Disorder:
4/13: San Antonio, TX @ Backstage Live
4/14: Corpus Christi, TX @ House of Rock
4/16: Pensacola, FL @ Vinyl Music Hall
4/17: Orlando, FL @ Beacham Theater
4/18: Jacksonville, FL @ Free Bird Live
4/19: Asheville, NC @ The Orange Peel
4/20: N. Myrtle Beach, SC @ House of Blues SC
4/21: Baltimore, MD @ Sonar
4/22: Columbus, OH @ Newport Music Hall
4/23: Nashville, TN @ Marathon Music Works
4/25: Buffalo, NY @ The Town Ballroom
4/27: Hampton Beach, NH @ Wally's Pub
4/28: Allentown, PA @ Crocodile Rock
Legacy Of Disorder on Facebook
Official Site of Legacy Of Disorder
Here is Tacker's official statement:
"I have officially stepped down from Straight Line Stitch. Straight Line Stitch is something I will forever cherish and I will miss it deeply. Some things just aren't meant to be, and at this particular point of my life Straight Line Stitch is one of those things. I will be forever grateful for all the fans and friends I have met on this journey. Time to turn a new leaf... I love you all!"
Here is Kanky Lora's statement:
"I have decided to step away from Straight Line Stitch. I actually made this decision and informed the band of my departure, after our last European tour. And now with the New Year and a fresh start, I feel now is the best time to show this to the public."
Straight Line Stitch released their latest album entitled 'The Fight Of our Lives', in March of last year via EOne Music. What really stands out about this record, is Alexis's vocals and the musical variety within the record. While some may say that they are experimenting too much, we believe that the band has carefully crafted a solid album that promises to be the bands most successful album to date. Losing two key members within one week is not easily assimilated by any band, so is this the end of Straight Line Stitch? Stay tuned for more information.
Straight Line Stitch on Facebook
Straight Line Stitch on MySpace
Earlier this week, it was rumored that Sharon Osbourne had fired drummer Bill Ward from BLACK SABBATH, after Bill Ward made the following statement:
"At this time, I would love nothing more than to be able to proceed with the BLACK SABBATH album and tour," stated Ward. "However, I am unable to continue unless a 'signable' contract is drawn up; a contract that reflects some dignity and respect toward me as an original member of the band."
To this the remaining members of BLACK SABBATH replied:
"We were saddened to hear yesterday via Facebook that Bill declined publicly to participate in our current BLACK SABBATH plans... We have no choice but to continue recording without him although our door is always open... We are still in the U.K. with Tony. Writing and recording the new album and on a roll... See you at Download!!!"
Today, Sharon Osbourne twitted the following statement:
"I am not in any position to hire or fire anyone in Black Sabbath. I don't manage the band, I manage my husband (Ozzy Osbourne)."
According to many sources, Bill's replacement would be Tommy Clufetos from the Ozzy Osbourne band. Stay tuned for more information!
Black Sabbath European tour-dates:
- May 18: Moscow, Russia - Olimpiski
- May 20: St. Petersburg, Russia - New Arena
- May 23: Helsinki, Finland - Hartwall Arena
- May 25: Stockholm, Sweden - Stadium
- May 29: Bergen, Norway - Bergen Calling Festival
- May 31: Oslo, Norway - Spektrum
- Jun. 02: Malmö, Sweden - Malmö Stadium
- Jun. 04: Dortmund, Germany - Westfalenhalle
- Jun. 10: Donnington, UK - Download Festival
- Jun. 12: Rotterdam, Holland - Ahoy
- Jun. 15: Bilbao, Spain - Azkena Rock Festival
- Jun. 17: Nantes, France - Hellfest
- Jun. 19: Paris, France - Bercy
- Jun. 22: Dessel, Belgium - Graspop Metal Meeting
- Jun. 24: Milan, Italy - Gods of Metal
As previously announced, Swedish Black Metal miscreants WATAIN will take part in the inaugural Decibel Magazine Tour alongside Behemoth, The Devil’s Blood and In Solitude. The live ceremonies will begin on April 11 in Ohio and bloody 26 stages including a stop in Oklahoma City where the trek will merge with the U.S. Torture Tour featuring Cannibal Corpse, Exhumed, Abysmal Dawn, and Arkaik for an evening of audio devastation.
Pleased to take part in the event, frontman Erik Danielsson: “We were originally meant to spend this year in the shadows, focusing inwards and on the NEW material we have compiled during the years since Lawless Darkness was released. This tour however was a bit too good to say no to. It is so seldom these days that someone actually managed to put together a descent tour package, which Decibel sure has managed to do this time. A ‘clash of the titans’ indeed! And considering the other bands on the tour, I can just imagine our management and the promoters biting their fingernails in anxiety and horror, waiting for the first arson or murder report from the road. Touring the States is always inspirational; there is always lots of emotion, anger, debauchery, decadence and a general feeling of lawlessness in the air, so I am sure this tour will nourish the writing process to a certain extent as well. A rich and fertile foundation of harsh physical and emotional experience has always played a big role in WATAIN writing new material, and this tour will for sure contribute to that. We will aim to make it interesting and memorable enough to do so.”
Gruesome visual evidence of this tour package is forthcoming: We went all the way to Sweden to capture the frontmen and women of all four bands for our special Decibel Magazine Tour cover story, streeting in April. "Considering the fact that we'll be sharing the stage with the most evil and uncompromising bands around—Watain, the Devil's Blood and In Solitude—this already makes it a legendary bill that you can't miss out on!" promises Nergal. "Watch out. We won't show up—we will ARRIVE with all the strength and might!"
04/12 Pittsburgh, PA – Mr. Smalls
04/13 Chicago, IL – Bottom Lounge
04/14 St. Paul, MN – Station Four
04/16 Lawrence, KS – Granada Theater
04/17 Denver, CO – Summit Theatre
04/18 Salt Lake City, UT – The Complex
04/20 Seattle, WA – Studio Seven
04/21 Vancouver, BC – Rickshaw
04/22 Portland, OR – Hawthorne Theater
04/23 San Francisco, CA – Slims
04/25 Los Angeles, CA – House Of Blues
04/26 Phoenix, AZ – Nile Theater
04/27 Albuquerque, NM – Sunshine Theater
04/29 San Antonio, TX – White Rabbit
05/01 Tampa, FL – Orpheum
05/02 Atlanta, GA – Masquerade
05/04 Charlotte, NC – Amos Southend
05/05 Baltimore, MD – Rams Head
05/06 Philadelphia, PA – Trocadero Theatre
05/08 Toronto, ON – Opera House
05/09 Montreal, QC – Club Soda
05/10 Quebec City, QC – Imperial
05/11 Worcester, MA – Palladium
05/12 New York, NY – Irving Plaza
Excited yet? Well, here's an early opportunity to score a great deal AND avoid standing in line. Fifteen premium packages are available in each market that include your ticket to the show, a tour T-shirt, a tour poster and a super-exclusive "Skip the Line" pass to move you to the front when doors open. The price of this package is less than you would spend on a ticket and a tour shirt at the show!
Decibel Magazine Tour
Official Site of Watain
Season Mist's Official Site
Behemoth on Facebook
Behemoth on Twitter