Disclaimer

DISCLAIMER: Horns Up Rocks does not consciously breach any copyright regulations. If you are a holder and would like something to be removed from our site, please email us at info@hornsuprocks.com and we will gladly oblige.

Sunday, October 9, 2011

Rex Brown Discusses his Decision to Quit Down!


Rex Brown is one of the most charismatic, talented and versatile musicians within the Heavy Music scene. You may know him from his stellar career with Heavy Metal Kings Pantera, or from his successful run with super-group Down. Well, Rex made the decision to leave Down earlier this year (Crowbar's bassist Patrick Bruders took Rex's place in Down) and decided to join a new musical venture alongside Vinnie Appice (Heaven & Hell, Black Sabbath & DIO), Mark Zavon (RATT, W.A.S.P. & 40 Cycle Hum), and Jason "Dewey" Bragg (Pissing Razors), called King Devil Hill.

This is what Rex had to say about his decision to leave Down.

"I was playing with Down a whole bit and I just kind of got tired of the… You know, Philip Anselmo (Pantera/Down & Superjoint Ritual) and I had been together 23 years. And when I first met these guys (Kill Devil Hill) in January of this year, when I walked in and we played in the rehearsal room, it just clicked. The chemistry and everything that went along with it… I mean, it's so easy to say that, but really… I just said, 'To hell with it. This is what I wanna do.' I didn't make an announcement at all [that I was leaving DOWN]; I just quit."

Kill Devil Hill recently signed a record deal with SPV/Steamhammer. The band has been busty working on their debut album, scheduled for a March 2012 release. The as-yet-untitled effort is being produced by Warren Riker (Down, Corrosion Of Conformity, Sublime and Cathedreal.





Related links:
Pantera
Down

No comments: