Disclaimer

DISCLAIMER: Horns Up Rocks does not consciously breach any copyright regulations. If you are a holder and would like something to be removed from our site, please email us at info@hornsuprocks.com and we will gladly oblige.

Saturday, August 4, 2012

CLOWN Explains How The Members Of SLIPKNOT Got Numbered!

Have you ever wondered who the members of SLIPKNOT got their numbers and why the hell they numbered each other? Well, recently CityBeat.com chatted with Shawn "Clown" Crahan about all things SLIPKNOT and this is what he had to say about the numbering system:

"The numbers kind of just fell into place," says Clown. "It’s kind of a weird thing. Back when we started we were going to wear a mask and I started wearing coveralls so we all started wearing coveralls, then there were so many of us, we put our bar code on the back. Then we wanted numbers—I wanted numbers. It was kind of ironic, because everyone fell into a number. I wasn’t going to tolerate any other number than six. Like if someone was going to fight me for it, I was going to fight to the death for it, but nobody wanted it. Joey wanted to be number one, Paul wanted to be number two, the original guitar player, and the other drummer three. Mick, he is like 'I have to have seven. Fuck everyone. It’s my lucky number.' Corey was like, 'I want eight, infinity.' When Sid joined the band, 'I am not a number. I am zero. I am filth.' It was kind of magical, honestly. The masks were more of a representation of what you wanted to present as yourself. It was one’s finding oneself, but the numbers were almost assigned to us subconsciously."

Read more HERE!

Don't forget to catch SLIPKNOT at the ROCKSTAR ENERGY DRINK MAYHEM FESTIVAL (remaining tour dates):

8/4 – Scranton, PA
8/5 – Hartford, CT

Join the revolution, contribute to our Indiegogo campaign! Click HERE: www.indiegogo.com/hornsup
 

Related links:
SLIPKNOT's official site
Rockstar Energy Drink Mayhem Festival
Livenation

No comments: