On December 10, 2007, LED ZEPPELIN headlined a tribute concert for their good friend and Atlantic Records founder Ahmet Ertegun. All who attended this very special performance, witnessed a two-hour-plus concert full of signature blues-infused Rock N' Roll that instantly became part of the bands extensive history. Although 20 million people applied for tickets, the band's first headline show in 27 years was seen only by the 18,000 ticket holders! This is when "Celebration Day", the NEW LED ZEPPELIN concert movie, was born.
Recently, the film made its U.S. debut at the historic Ziegfeld Theater in New York's theater district on October 9. Prior to the premiere, founding members John Paul Jones, Jimmy Page, and Robert Plant were joined by Jason Bonham, the son of their late drummer John Bonham, for a press conference at New York's Museum of Modern Art. Footage available HERE!
A one-minute TV commercial for "Celebration Day" can be seen here:
The film of "Celebration Day" saw a worldwide theatrical release by Omniverse Vision on 1,500 screens in over 40 territories on October 17.
"Celebration Day" will be available in multiple video and audio formats on November 19 from Swan Song/Atlantic Records. Available for pre-order now, the details on all configurations of "Celebration Day" are listed here:
- Standard Editions: 1-DVD/2-CD set and 1-Blu-ray/2-CD set
- Deluxe Editions: 2-DVD/2-CD set and 1-Blu-ray/1-DVD/2-CD set featuring exclusive bonus video content including the Shepperton rehearsals, and BBC news footage.
- Music Only CD Edition: 2-CD set
- Music Only Blu-ray Audio Edition: Blu-ray Audio release featuring high-resolution 48K 24 bit PCM stereo and DTS-HD Master Audio 5.1 surround sound audio only, no video
- Vinyl Edition: 3 LPs, 180-gram, audiophile quality vinyl (Available December 11)
- Digital Edition: Audio will be available at all digital retail outlets
Post a Comment