Disclaimer

DISCLAIMER: Horns Up Rocks does not consciously breach any copyright regulations. If you are a holder and would like something to be removed from our site, please email us at info@hornsuprocks.com and we will gladly oblige.

Thursday, December 27, 2012

Following News Of His Engagement, Kirk Windstein Lashes Out At Blabbermouth & Calls Them "The National Enquirer Of Metal"


We want to congratulate Kirk Windstein, the master of the riff of DOWN, CROWBAR, and KINGDOM OF SORROW, on his engagement to Robin Dubroc over the Christmas holiday weekend. We want to wish them a life full of happiness and awesome times!

Following Windstein's announcement via his Facebook page, Blabbermouth took it upon themselves to break the news to the world about Windstein's engagement. Here is what they posted:

Windstein ended his previous relationship to a woman named Kate in early October and became romantically involved with Dubroc on October 18, according to Kirk's personal Facebook timeline. He wrote on October 4: "My world as I know it has been crushed... Kate doesn't want me anymore and I'm fucking devastated. It's not her fault, she just can't deal with me being gone all the time. I will always love her more than any woman." He added the next day: "I'll say one thing... my heart has been broken for the last time. I will never trust a woman with my heart ever again!!!" A week into his new relationship, on October 22, Kirk wrote: "I spoke to Robin for at least an hour and a half!!! The most special lady I know... To all who are hurting, giving up on love etc., let Robin and I be an example... By that I mean that your true love will come around. It took 47 years for me... but it is 'real' and I feel it... I have not felt this good since I was a kid!!! AMAZING what the right lady can do for your soul... I love you, Robin. Thanks for being you!!!" (Full article HERE!)
__________________________________________________________________________

After reading the article above, Windstein lashed out by posting the following message:

"PRETTY AMAZING HOW THEY LEAVE OUT ALL DETAILS ABOUT ROBIN AND I DATING 25 YEARS AGO, AND THEY LEAVE OUT ALL THE PROBLEMS KATE AND I HAD THROUGHOUT OUR 3 PLUS YEAR RELATIONSHIP, THEN THEY MAKE IT LOOK LIKE I JUST MET ROBIN WHILE WE'VE BEEN TALKING ALL ALONG... THE NATIONAL ENQUIRER OF METAL... FUCK ALL THE GOSSIP... I KNOW WHO I AM AND I KNOW WHO I WILL SPEND MY LIFE WITH... ROBIN!!!" - KIRK
__________________________________________________________________________

DOWN on tour:

- Fri Jan 11, 2013: Warehouse Live in Ballroom Houston, TX
- Sat Jan 12, 2013: Backstage Live in San Antonio, TX
- Mon Jan 14, 2013: The Marquee in Tempe, AZ
- Tues Jan 15, 2013: Hard Rock Cafe on the Strip in Las Vegas NV
- Wed Jan 16, 2013: Key Club in West Hollywood, CA
- Fri Jan 18, 2013: City National Grove in Anaheim Anaheim, CA
- Sat Jan 19, 2013: Ace of Spades in Sacramento, CA
- Sun Jan 20, 2013: Regency Ballroom in San Francisco, CA
- Tue Jan 22, 2013: Showbox at the Market in Seattle, WA
- Wed Jan 23, 2013: Roseland Theater in Portland, OR
- Thu Jan 24, 2013: Knitting Factory in Boise, ID
- Sat Jan 26, 2013: The Summit Music Hall in Denver, CO
- Mon Jan 28, 2013: First Avenue in Minneapolis, MN
- Tue Jan 29, 2013: The Rave in Milwaukee, WI
- Wed Jan 30, 2013: Bogart's in Cincinnati, OH
- Fri Feb 1, 2013: Track 29 in Chattanooga, TN

- April 10, 2033: Carioca Club in Sao Paulo, Brazil
- April 11, 2013: El Teatro (Flores) in Ciudad Autonoma De Buenos Aires, Argentina
- April 13, 2013: The Metal Fest Chile in Santiago, Chile

- May 25, 2013: Maryland Deathfest in Baltimore Maryland
- June 14-16, 2013: Provinssirock in Seinäjoki, Finland. (exact day coming soon)

HERE is an extensive gallery of DOWN's recent concert in New York City!

Recently, DOWN premiered a music video for their NEW song "Witchtripper". Watch it HERE!

Related links:
CROWBAR 
DOWN
KINGDOM OF SORROW 

No comments: