Disclaimer

DISCLAIMER: Horns Up Rocks does not consciously breach any copyright regulations. If you are a holder and would like something to be removed from our site, please email us at info@hornsuprocks.com and we will gladly oblige.

Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Watch Dave Mustaine & Chris Broderick Recording Tracks For MEGADETH's NEW Album!

MEGADETH are currently locked up at Vic's Garage studio in San Marcos, California, recording the follow up to 2011's 'THIRT3EN' (available now via Roadrunner Records). The bands 14th studio album is being produced by Johnny K, and will be released sometime this year through a NEW label home since the band parted ways with Roadrunner Records. MEGADETH released three studio albums through Roadrunner: 2007's 'United Abominations', 2009's 'Engame' and the aforementioned 'TH1RT3EN'. Read more about this below.

Here is video footage of Dave Mustaine and Chris Broderick recording guitar tracks in late December of 2012.



In 2009, Mustaine blasted Roadrunner in an online post, writing, "Kudos, Roadrunner, the is the first worldwide critically acclaimed record by the press, and the fans, and you just can't seem to get this right. This is the first time that everyone likes a record of mine, and you can't get us on the radio or into the stores.

"I can't tell you how many stores I go into while on tour and I see nothing. And all I hear from [Roadrunner] is, 'We are committed to the record.'

"My ass."

A year later, Mustaine wrote, "We're getting ready to start the next MEGADETH record in January and the funny thing is my manager is telling me now how Roadrunner is going out of their way now to try and give me this new huge deal, and I just don't want it. I don't want it. The treatment's been terrible over the years, and I just don't want it. I would rather retire than continue to play like that. Either we're gonna release digitally or [see] what happens next. We've got this last record [that we owe to] Roadrunner [as part of our current contract]; it's gonna be a great record 'cause the songs are really, really good. 'Cause I don't want my side of the bargain to be tainted — I wanna be a gentleman and be respectful and deliver my side of the deal, whether or not the other party has or not."

Related links:
Megadeth's Official Site
Megadeth on Facebook
Megadeth on Twitter

No comments: