Disclaimer

DISCLAIMER: Horns Up Rocks does not consciously breach any copyright regulations. If you are a holder and would like something to be removed from our site, please email us at info@hornsuprocks.com and we will gladly oblige.

Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Scott Weiland Responds To His Supposed "Termination" From STONE TEMPLE PILOTS!


Earlier today, this message took over the Internet: "Stone Temple Pilots have announced they have officially terminated Scott Weiland - no further information is available at this time."

Scott Weiland made the following statement after this piece of news surfaced:

"I learned of my supposed 'termination' from STONE TEMPLE PILOTS this morning by reading about it in the press. Not sure how I can be 'terminated' from a band that I founded, fronted and co-wrote many of its biggest hits, but that's something for the lawyers to figure out. In the meantime, I'm looking forward to seeing all of my fans on my solo tour which starts this Friday."

Weiland will be performing songs from the first two STONE TEMPLE PILOTS albums, 1992's 'Core' and 1994's 'Purple', during his solo tour.

 
"Originally, it was an idea I came up with for STP for the anniversary of 'Core' to do the 'Core' album in its entirety," Weiland told MLive. "The rest of the guys didn't want to do it. So, it was still something that there was a lot of public interest in. Having that said, the idea was brought up to me through management. I talked to the guys in my solo band, THE WILDABOUTS, and they were totally into it, as were the promoters. It worked out."


It's unclear if STONE TEMPLE PILOTS plan on carrying on with a new vocalist. Stay tuned for more news.

Related links:
Stone Temple Pilots

No comments: