Disclaimer

DISCLAIMER: Horns Up Rocks does not consciously breach any copyright regulations. If you are a holder and would like something to be removed from our site, please email us at info@hornsuprocks.com and we will gladly oblige.

Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Was Harvey Flanagan Pushed Too Far? Read His Posts To Find Out Why He Snapped!


This past Friday night (July 6th), the CBGB Fest show that was taking place at New York City's Webster Hall, was cancelled after two current members of the CRO MAGS were stabbed by Harley Flanagan (the founding member of the CRO MAGS). The incident occurred right after VISION OF DISORDER's set!

As see on the NY Post: Around 8:15 PM, while the CRO MAGS were getting ready to take the stage, Harley Flanagan, 42, made his way into the venue’s VIP section toward the bands dressing room, sending nearly 30 guests on the balcony into a frenzy, law enforcement sources and witnesses said.

According to the NY Post, William Berario, 45, was slashed above the eye and bitten on his cheek. Michael "The Gook" Couls, 33 (current CRO MAGS bassist & member of the DMS crew) was cut on his arm and stomach.

Both members of CRO MAGS are ready to rock!

Click here for all the details on this story!

The question that we all have, is what drove Flanagan to attack the bands current members on Friday night. Some say that on the day of the show, he was in high spirits celebrating his black belt in Jiu-Jitsu and not worried about the CRO MAGS. So what exactly crossed his wires? Read this couple of posts that Flanagan posted on his Facebook page, to see what you make of it. Then let us know what you think at the comments section below.

On July 5th, Flanagan posted:

"Great training today Renzo taught class, I had some great rolls with some tough motherfuckers. Ate some brown belts... got eaten by some really good black belts :) its kill or be killed out there put em out or be put OUT! :) That's how u learn! ;)

"Renzo says to me what the fucks with these fucking faggots playing without you what kind of Bullshit is that? I said: 'hey people will turn on their own family or stab their friends in the back for money'. 'No shit', he said...

"My kids actually wanna go to the show they said they wanna hear how much they suck without me but I know that they just wanna hear the songs their dad wrote. So I reached out to John (Joseph) again today only cause I know the fans and my kids would like to see it and as always he said: 'No way'. LOL

"As usual greed and ego take over, I might actually bring my kids anyway just for a laugh but its a shame that even when I extend my hand "Bloodclot" (John Joseph's nickname) is still a bloodclot thru and thru to the end forget about how cool it would be.

"Fuck the real fans and the kids who never saw the real deal shit!

"Cromags used to mean something now its just a name to sell and make money off of. Like Pepsi or Ring Dings or CBGB's for that matter. Yeah NYHC is truly dead at least the real thing is, its just a job now for most.

"So sell what you can to who ever will buy it and make your money without integrity and go home and put it in the bank. It would have been fun but fuck it... they wanna sell used cars with fake parts. That's life... You can't force people to do what's right, I'm going on the road in September when I'm done with the new album for Southern Lord records... John can keep faking it, Hairplugs and all LOL. Maybe I will see him at the show, maybe my 9 year old will choke him out! LOL

"Family First Jiu-Jitsu For Life Hardcore till I Die"

On July 2nd, Flanagan posted:

"It sucks to Love someone that doesn't Love you. That's why you gotta Love yourself, if you can't do that how can you expect anyone else to Love you? I gotta remember how to do that. Lol. But at least My kids Love me so like I said before: 'with every new day with every new hour with every new minute and every new second is new chance to be a better Man then the one I was'.

"And that's how we start to Love ourselves again, by improving on our selves and who we are. I have come a long way, but I still have far to go.. but its ok!

"I'm working at it. And ill get there one day. And the journey has been something most people would Not believe! Lol. Thats All I got to say!"

Related links:
Here is some information about Harley Flanagan's defense fund
Here is a statement from the Cro Mags
Here is a statement from Sick Of It All!
Here is a statement from the organizers of CBGB Fest!

No comments: